Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
In India majority of law firms are family owned (amarchand, Trilegal etc) or single important founder.

Trilegal is the first firm (non family full merit)

How does the organization work?

How does partnership work?

Why is Trilegal not failing. Why is it successful so far?

Any insider spill the beans.
Pay is not big thing. Bloody lala firms don't want to pay.. tri pays 19.5, S&r pays 20, touchstone is 22
The equity lockstep model is very progressive. Obviously, someone with a book the size of Aswath or Chudasama would see no point to it, and thus prefer the old school firm model. But the Trilegal model is best suited to building a professional law firm (like what we see with Cravath, Wachtell, Linklaters, Dudley et al).
mods can you mark down this troll, Cravath is one of the most prestigious US Biglaw firms which sets the pay scales around the biglaw world (paying higher than investment bankers and doctors)
All firms mentioned above are shit including kirkland, allen , white case ,link later and all
abey tu exam pe dhyan de, these firms you name won't even hire from anywhere outside Ivy Leagues lol.
One of the best models. Merit is prioritised + pay is extremely good. Not to mention the guaranteed bonus + leaves where nobody will call you
Question is -

How was Trilegal able to stand up to traditional firms and expand this much?

Is this expansion sustainable?

Also if Trilegal is so much meritocratic

Why is SAM CAM AZB (all family firms) still doing well?
SAM, CAM and AZB has far more clients individually than Tri. Legacy matters.
Yet they pay lesser than Tri.

I guess, only the promoter's bank account matters.
Isn't AZB also non family firm? Made by 3 lawyers similar to trilegal?
1. It is meritocratic but that doesn't mean the other firms aren't.

2. After the initial few years the other firms match trilegal pay if not more.

3. It is not the firm but the partner, if I have found a good partner great work and he shifts his team to azb, I'm going to azb. The firm in the end doesn't matter, the person who you ultimately work for matters
First you make up your mind.Is Trilegal family owned or not.Read the post OP.

In India majority of law firms are family owned (amarchand, Trilegal etc)...........

Trilegal is the first firm (non family full merit),....