Read 47 comments as:
Filter By
We always rank NLUs, professors and Law firms. However, I believe the VCs are the ones that make and break and NLU. So, in the current state of NLUs, how would you rank the VCs ? Top 5 atleast ?
If only Sudhir was put behind a wall that could have protected arguably the best law university in the country from him. Instead, he has successfully brought the place to its knees.
Tbh, NLS kind of had it coming after spitting false facts before the Karnataka HC to claim some β€œspecial” status. Atleast the arrogance of their alumni has gone down a few notches after Messiah’s reign. So every other law school should be thanking Messiah.
As an alumnus myself, I had always had reservations about him as the VC, though I admire his scholarship. Sadly, my fears had not been misplaced at all, as evidenced in the last five years. I also acknowledge his recruiting efforts, but overall, don't like the place my alma has become nowadays.
It is a shame. Especially since only NLS could’ve destroyed NLS. NUJS and NALSAR hasn’t posed a threat to its number 1 position since they were established and NLUD was far too young to do so too. Not only has Messiah instituted the domicile quota but he’s made it worse by ballooning the intake in just 4 years. NLS is not an IIMA that it can continue to grow without good quality control.
A perfectly reasonable comment gets marked trollish because the Mod is a Sudhir fanboy who cannot withstand criticism of his beloved Messiah.
Actually, I pointed it out though I didn't write the original comment. So an honest reader's perspective, clearly someone who did not focus specifically on that one word like you did.
Number 4 is wrong. He has built two national law universities from scratch.
Only the people who have studied or taught at an NLU would know how that VC is. However, they won't know about any other VCs.
Well they can start by listing things that their VC has done that improved or degraded the institution
Only the idiotic NLS mod will publish these kinds of threads and comments without marking them trollish. Buddy, just a friendly reminder. Sudhir has DESTROYED NLS for good. By the time his reign is over, NLS will be a solid third choice behind NLUD and NALSAR. You heard it here first.
This can yield nothing but trolling. The mods want to encourage even more of that on this platform?
How is it trolling when such inputs will help people choose a better university. Not cause of fake ranks. Example NLS maybe No. 1 in the ranking. But ask any PhD candidate and no one wants to go to NLS since the VC is holding back their thesis submissions.
Because there is no way in which the identity of commentators can be verified and the people against whom mud will be inevitably thrown are not here to defend their actions.
Dimaag kharab ho gaya hai kya? Ved Kumari? Naam suna toh likh diya?
Condition is too bad at MNLU Nagpur in VK's regime.

No salary for faculty members!

No hostel for students who will join soon.

University has completely become bankrupt. How come it is not going out in media?
Because NLUs are state universities and Nagpur is like the 2nd one in the state and then it's not even the famous one in the state. NLU tags are in a bubble, outside of it, people know central universities or private universities more.
For law, not really. There's not a single good central university for law in the country that people would opt for willingly if they get into any NLU.
A 6-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.
A 31-word comment posted 2 months ago was not published.