Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
A batchmate of mine's has 4 - 5 fake tier one internships. Using these, she is getting internships everywhere. She is also on track to sit for a PPO interview. How common is this? Do firms not verify? It is unfair for genuine competitors.
There is no way to verify, some kids even fake certificates and submit
This is the work the recruitment cell folks would ordinarily be doing. Are these individual applications on her end? I think you should raise the concern with this firm, either personally or anonymously. Either they investigate and find out she hasn't done anything she says she has, in which case she won't take a PPO spot from someone with bonafide credentials or she has the requisite proof and it was a misunderstanding on your part.
Some tier 1 law school girl had also faked her CV to get an internship in another country. She is now sitting in an ivy league college. So I guess faking it sometime works.
Long ago, a tier one guy also exaggerated something he did to get a fellowship. It gave him bragging rights for a few years but that's about all. You can only get so far with this bullshit. And heaven help you if you are caught, which is very possible given that there are Indians everywhere.
People procure fake LLB & here few care about fake internships. Everything can be faked & if interviewing person is decent in his own job, he will catch such fake instantly
5 fake tier 1 internships !!! Yeh kuch zyada nhi ho gya? How did she managed to make it look realistic on CV? By verbatim copying descriptions from CVs of actual hardworking seniors who have done real Tier-1 internships?