Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
When you make generalisations such as "all Jindal kids are incompetent and super dumb", you reveal your insecurity and inadequacies rather than theirs. The sooner you figure that out, the quicker you would be able to shut them out and focus on your work.
Blanket statements are never good. Not all Jindal folks are rich and not all of them look down on others.
As a Jindal kid, who is extremely middle-class but is doing decently well there- I just got my first T-1 internship for the first time for the coming summer. Whereas, a number of my own peers, with the worst grades, have been interning at T1s since their 2nd semester and I have been at a variety of T2-T3 firms, despite having a better CV. That said, I would not agree that Jindal kids are dumb AT ALL, at least a majority of them are not and we have some of the most passionate and driven students here. More so, in my 4 years at law school i have not come across a single JGLS kid at all who has put someone down relating to the status of their wealth. This is something I will vehemently defend. You may very well be smarter than them, I will not even argue that- but I highly doubt that JGLS folks overall are dumb or snobbish.

However, OP your experience could be completely different and in that case I feel for you.
Hey man,

I’m from Jindal. I study at the college on a scholarship (wouldn’t have been able to afford it otherwise). I hear you. Atleast half of my peers at jindal are quite literally, incompetent - not because they don’t have the skills but because they’d rather party and have a fun college life because of their privilege. Which is also fair, the end goal for everyone is to just be happy anyways, if your privilege allows that without you struggling initially, good for you! At same time however, there are also kids like me who work their asses off, have no connections in the field and chose Jindal only because they missed the top 5 nlu’s by a few ranks (general category and from a small town so no reservation - either caste based or domicile). We study, write, compete and win competitions. We network at conferences. We work our asses off at law firms to get call backs. We try different ways to make money and take care of our own expenses because we’re already extremely guilty of making our parents pay so much.

At the same time however, we are constantly badgered with the label β€˜privileged and smug Jindal kid’. We get fomo when we see our friends partying and spending lavishly, but we can’t. We look at our friends sail through life with easy tier 1 internships through contacts while we keep applying to hundreds of firms. We get into places on our own merit. We’re also β€˜jiggles’. And we’re not for one second ashamed of it.

Jindal allowed me to access to the best of professors, whose impact has defined my career trajectory and choices. I’ve been exposed to disciplines such as psych, architecture, liberal arts, and economics which has allowed me to think way beyond the eco-chamber of law. I’m sure your co interns are entitled but they’d have been that way notwithstanding their college. I have friends from Jindal and Ashoka who are insanely rich but are the nicest most humble people and have NEVER made me feel anything less than equal. While at the same time, I have cocky friends from both Jindal and T1 NLU’s who think they’re the shit. I understand the temptation to generalise and make it a tribalistic war between colleges - but maybe judge an individual by their merit and character and not their college, city, race, colour, caste and other random group identities. I agree that getting into Jindal is much easier than getting into an NLU, and honestly, NLU people deserve the praise for cracking a pretty hard exam. But beyond that, at the end of the day it’s just a college - Jindal and NLS. It’s the decisions that one makes after they get into a college that matters. :)

All the best for your internship!
I feel for you but the ratio of smart:dumb kids is 1:100. You might be an exception that you can change the general idea. Its sad but no matter how hard you work, no matter how smart you are you'll always have to walk an extra mile and prove that you're not like any other Jindal kid.

For eg if there are two students one from jindal and one from GLC, by default the GLC kid will have a privilege because its a fact that literally anyone can get into jindal. Last school is definitely not the only, but the first thing we look into to assess someone. Sorry but its a fsxr
Lol, GLC is not that hard to get into either. That place also has nepo kids from litigation families.
Another Jindal Kid, couldn't have put it better myself. This is pretty much my story and thoughts re JGLS word-for-word.
It's not easy to complete with these jiggles having so many contacts. I literally saw a a LinkedIn a post where CEO of a fortune 500 company congratulated a jiggle for securing a legal internship
You are a T2 NLU kid how you describe yourself.

Be honest and tell me which T2 NLU comes anywhere close to JGLS. I don't think any NLU except NLS, Nalsar and NLU Delhi (and probably NUJS) can match the impact or influence of Jindal Global Law School.

You might met the bottom 20% kids of Jindal. The day you meet the top guys, I guarantee you won't stand anywhere.

Be humble my friend.
Be humble bolke aisa reply? I am sure atleast aap to jgls ke top students me nahi hi aate honge.
What impact and what influence? Talk to anyone about your alma and you would automatically be considered undeserving in their eyes.
A 57-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 42-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.