Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
I know Tri got maybe the best Competition and TMT practices but why do self-fellatio on threads that are not even related to you guys? How do you even know if the OP works at Tri so he/she should "stick" to it? The OP just wanted to know how the practice at SAM is.
Ever wondered why this thread hasn't got as much bashing as any thread on Trilegal's competition team?
They have a large team. Owing to that and the presence of very senior partners, office politics is rampant. One needs to be adept in navigating that.

With regards to work, they have a good quantity of work which is a quality mix of both enforcement and merger control. But they largely pigeon hole resources into a specific type of work. This affects overall growth of the resource.

The money is very good in this team.

Based on my limited experience, the quality of work is largely above average in this team.
"above average"? SAM is working on marquee deals like Reliance/Disney (as reported by newspapers) and has done other big enforcement/merger work in the past! Get your facts right!

Also, the people are very easy to work. One of the best teams
I have written this from the perspective of a person potentially joining the firm. Therefore, I figured an honest assessment was appreciable.

While you and I can have different experiences, from my experience, their work product have been consistently above-average. Their ability to gain marquee deals is a function of lot of things in addition to the quality of work product. Given its a big team, its also possible that the work quality varies greatly.

Anyways, you do you.
Agreed - they get matters because of their deal teams. Most partners there cannot get matters on their own.
Not at all! Why would you think that 🙃 Aparna Tuteja represents all that's right in the legal profession, imo!
One of the best mentors and leaders. I am a fool I got misguided and left her a few years back. Always gives juniors the credit and platform to grow. Unlike the other most insecured top tier in the team.
Having worked with many Partners across different firms, i can safely say she is one of the nicest people in the industry.