Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
I thought it had the most diverse(yet respectable) job opportunities among the non-mathematical fields.
Not the "no-Maths" guest, but honestly, MBBS admission ke liye you need Physics. Physics is the evil twin of maths. Chemistry (Inorganic, Physical) is no less 😢
Nah. I liked Chemistry and Biology and used to score good marks too. Physics I hated to the core because it was had too much maths in it
Given how much I hate the hours in law, I don't think medicine would have been a good choice either. Sales/design should have been my goal
Physics is a mathematical subject. NEET entrance exam requires physics
Interest (Disciplined interest. Not motivated interest) and stable financial backing. Not jgls level ka backing but still 💀
CLAT coaching came to school. Told me corporate law me paisa hai. Here I am.
The idea of doing law somehow popped into my head at the end of 9th grade. In hindsight, I am not really sure what made me seriously consider it as a career path. The idea of being a litigator played some role I am sure. I don't have any regrets since I love the law.
No retirement Profession and you can meet new people everyday especially in Litigation.
I had 3 reasons:

1. Terrible at STEM

2. Prestige of NLSIU (I didn’t make it

there eventually)

3. More girls in law school than STEM fields (turns out I was wrong)
No, it was never about money.

No, my father is not a lawyer. (He is a teacher in a very small private school)

No, law was not my first choice.

Primarily, below are the 2 unfortunate incidents, that impelled me to pursue law.

1. Watched this movie called 'Shahid' and came to know about how only poor people from a particular community are falsely arraigned as terror accused.

2. My uncle, a superintendent of police got suspended because of some petty allegations. The same allegations were levelled against his seniors as well his juniors, however they didn't get suspended. May be there was something in my uncle's name.

(Uncle is an SP. Can you imagine the level of discrimination and persecution of poor people? )

Still in law school. Enjoying the struggles!
Tukke mein CLAT Diya tha and achhe college mein admission ho gaya. In hindsight should have gone to IIM Indore. The only reason I didn't go was that they were giving a diploma and the degree was to come from IGNOU. And I was also under the delusion that I could get a better IIM later. (Lol)
Waise agar tukke mein clat nikal jaye and you get a good rank should you join a good law college then? Or should you prepare?
Well I was preparing for UPSC CSE.didnt make through it. Parents were getting retired so joined DU LLB.but even having 8 months of internship experience in dispute resolution team in law firms and chambers of AOR,these T-1/2 law firms aren't giving me any offers..I am devastated, heartbroken and on verge of quitting this profession...

Thinking of preparing for judiciary or any other govt exams...if any leads about hiring in good firms in dispute resolution team kindly help..
To make money, so I can buy nice things.

I like nice things. Nice things cost money.
Bullshit. Gone are those days. If someone is aspiring for a T1 NLU and a T1 law firm they have to be really bright to make it and most T1 firm freshers easily out earn most graduates of any other field.
Wanted a good field that is not Doctor/Engineer and yet has the scope to out earn them. Sweat my ass off and dropped a year to get a T1 law school and consequently a T1 firm.
Gharwalo ne bola, beta, professional degree ke liye admission nahi lega, to nikal pehle fursat mein :-(
There is a reason majority of the smart ones go for NEET or JEE, we were just too dumb to understand why. Class 10 people thought they will have the world in their hands by doing nothing while the smart ones knew that NEET or JEE is the only way to have the world in their hands