Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I just realised that i am 19 now. I can vote. But i am at a loss as to whom to vote? I don't know much about politics right now. I am trying to start following the news, but how to know whom to vote? What should i read so that i make an informed decision? Thanks.
Follow the news channels and newspapers regularly and abstain from voting until u feel u know enough
Dekho. In tino me se 1 ko vote de do.

1. BJP

- good infrastructure development as our country needs it.

- tries new policies on taxation like GST, Financial inclusion like Jan Dhan Yojana.

- digitally savvy. Everyday new apps launched.

- Pro Hindu religion and to some extent marginalises Muslim community.

- favours big corporates like Adani over small businesses.

- does institutionalised corruption - as in election bonds, giving contracts to favourites etc.

- tries making "We have arrived" hawa on the world stage.

2. Congress -

- is status quoist. As in does things slowly and in the "chal raha hai" way.

- Not anti Hindu, but, cannot be called Pro Hindu.

- Open levels of corruption - as in 2G spectrum, Common Wealth games.

- More nepotism than Bollywood and Tollywood. So, all netas are related to someone big.

- I would say, overall, lacks fire. Just doesn't do too good or too bad.

- Nowadays, giving a lot of freebies (free bus rides for women in Karnataka), reservation to people.

- No particular agenda they have. It is more like - Windows OS. Not bad, not great.

3. AAP

- Idealistic in the beginning.

- Very young.

- Nowadays, giving freebies everywhere. Ye free woh free.

- Focused on Health and Education.

- Most politicians are 1st gen netas. So, less nepotism.

- Growing all over India. So, chance for a young person like you to get a seat.

- No real cases of corruption unlike the Congress.

- Leadership dominated by General caste, urban dwellers.

- No grand vision of India like the BJP.

My suggestion would be -

1. Fast infrastructure growth - vote BJP.

2. Want new, non anti muslims leaders who might focus on Health and Education - vote AAP.

3. Want freebie + status quo + no anti muslim sentiment + overall chal raha hai attitude - vote Congress.
You are forgetting Demonetization, Thali banging to drive COVID away, 2000 rupees note being infused with chips when it comes to the policies that BJP has introduced. Nor are they pro-Hindu. They will do anything to get power and secure their position.
Wowww...Just this one message helped me make a good framework to understand things...thanks for helping, but how do i start knowing all of this and make my own opinions???
Ab right wing wale mods ko ye contested ya trollish nahi laga?

Kaha se lagega? Raja babu ki taarif jo kar di hai.
Only 9 scams of Congress in the 9 years of their power, and atleast the CBI, ED, Income tax were independent enough to catch them, how come not a single BJP scam has been brought to light, either BJP is spotless or they are so corrupt that they have even corrupted the CBI, ED who were respected and trusted in the congress days.

Now they are using these so called independent bodies to raid residences, and people still trust CBI due to how much respect they had gotten during congress days, but how come no bjp scams coming to light, you think about it.

Also Constitution clearly says tax money will not be used to fund a particular religion, there are various other communities in india, if this goes on, people will sell all their belongings and land and leave the country
BJP has made it very clear that if you are part of a scam and are afraid of getting caught, then all you would have to do is join them and you will get blanket immunity.
See I have a solution for you. But, use it only if you have time from your studies.

Open YouTube. Type Pradhanmantri Season 1. Watch all the 26 episodes. This will give you a better and more nuanced understanding of India than most people. The whole series is like a Netflix documentary so you won't feel bored.

Now, see the news. And make up your mind.
Not Congress and AAP definitely. These 2 Parties will make you regret your vote Big Time.