Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hey y'all! I would appreciate it if any alumni or one who knows answers a couple of my queries regarding the degree program of GLC. I asked some of the students personally, but even they didn't have concrete answers...

Well, I'm getting a mid-tier-2 NLU through CLAT, and being a Maharashtra candidate, I'm seriously considering GLC. What's alluring to me is its location and "flexibility" - the prospectus mentions that the student is awarded B.L.S. degree at the end of the third year and this seems to be a good deal (i) if it's timely awarded and (ii) if this degree is qualifying in nature.

(i) Is it usually awarded in a timely fashion after the third year (6th semester)? What's the usual month when the 6th semester is concluded?

(ii) Is this degree qualifying in nature for (a) exams like CAT, etc., and (b) a JD program or Senior status BA (Jurisprudence) abroad?

Thanks <3
No it's not, it's a provisional degree given and is good for nothing. It means nothing.
Yes thats the entire reason it is give. For CA, CS, CFA, Judicial Services, UPSC, MPSE
It is qualifying in nature, the degree itself is not allotted but you can get a provisional degree from mu for it which makes you eligible
It's never given on time. There is a good chance that you end up receiving the BLS Degree at the end of the 4th year also. Don't hang onto this is what I would suggest.