Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Please be mindful of the details. Any comment against an identifiable individual will not posted.
Ab aur kitna vent kare. Thakk gaye hai. Even after high attrition and calling out openly, the people (recruiters/partners/chamber founders) in the industry continue to have worst kind of mindset. Obstinate a**holes.
Yep, weird how the partners who have been publicly called out humiliated for their behaviour here still don't change. PS: have seen them use LI in office so it's not like they aren't aware about their public image.

Ig the only way they'll change is when clients start reading as well or when the SEO becomes so good that their toxic subs are the first thing which pops up when googled.
No client cares about the toxicity of partners so long as the latter remain on point with deliverables.
Wait till you see how these "Clients" treat their employees. Just a month back so many CEOs of big tech corps endorsed godly working hours for the peanuts they pay. So if clients read this they wud rejoice in knowing their employees arent "ranting" though
Lutyens' circle is real. Delhi's elite rich kids have immense wealth , privilege and power. Makes me pee my pants. I am small mosquito (junior) in Delhi HC.
Got a job in a T1 firm and was really happy with myself. Started using LI after that and now I'm depressed if I'll even be able to survive in a T1 law firm. Only and only terrible, depressing talks about law firms. Is it really so bad? If it is, why are you all even doing it?
They say the two oldest professions in the world are litigation and prostitution. I work in the former, feel like the latter. Wmy batchmates and I, whether firms or court, work out ass off, giving 12 hours a day, living on peanuts. Each day is about politics, getting through the day, listening to your boss scream, listening to your clients scream, listening to judges scream. I regret leaving an opportunity to do btech for this. I wish as an introvert I had chosen to do CS. I would have stayed away from people, would have done something I loved and my job profile would always be in demand. I can't switch professions as I'm in my mid 30s. I can't go abroad, don't have enough money. I can't marry, cause I barely have time for my existing family. This job has just f'd me up. Moreover for what ? It's not like we're earning in crores that we can leave in 10 years. It's not like we're creating history, we're just pushing files like clerks. Respect is zero since the old hags in the court won't leave till they drop dead, and the new kids won't stop coming. We're stuck in the middle, where we aren't young enough to be the new prostitute if the market, nor are we old enough to be recognised as the men with valuable experience. Lives F'd. Seriously kids need to think before entering this position. No health, no wealth, no family, no passion, just nothingness.
Why dont you opt for mba for professionally? Invest 1 year and get out this shit hole
TITLE: COMPLACENT LEGACY-LAWYER BOOMERS ARE THE BANE OF MY LIFE

This is a weird take, I guess. But I'm dead sure the boomers have lost it. The boomers are NOT okay. One of the seniors (by years of practice only) who has been in the profession for close to three decades now, asked me to assist the said senior on a matter. It was the said senior's matter, appearance being filed just after I began associating with the said individual. I really put a lot of work into the matter, though it was neither my matter, nor my VP, nor my client. In retrospect, I shouldn't have. That's on me. Lessons learnt.

The matter in question came to be adjourned from time to time, giving the said senior LOT of time to go through my file for his arguments on admission. For nearly 5-6 months, this individual refused to touch that file. The matter came up today for admission. I regularly updated the file with recent developments. Concerned (though i shouldn't be for Not-My-Briefs), I legit had to sit that individual down yesterday to at least orally tell him what to focus on in the file, to save the senior's time even further, and ensure the individual could substantially argue on admission today. The said individual even yesterday, despite my oral briefing did not touch the file. A matter which could have been disposed at a nascent stage shall now remain pending for God knows how many years. My efforts down the drain.

This is a pattern for the said individual. Though fecking millets (peanuts is too rich for the measly payment), I get a few.

The boomers charge the clients handsomely. Clients with capacity pay. Not my concern, but that's how it is. Despite all this, these people don't even bother to look up what their junior associates have prepared for them. Juniors are spoon-feeding these individuals to no avail. How the hell do these people who don't even read the matters get clients, and those like us are thrown scraps off their table? Yep, life is unfair and all, but these boomers got no conscience, I guess. There wasn't even the slightest of an attempt made, on any of the occasions when the matter came up. The HonCt. was willing to hear out the matter on earlier occasions.

And no, before anyone asks, that was not a part of the plan.

And yes, before anyone asks, I legit searched for this thread because I really need to vent. Venting is all that I can do now, waiting at the filing department till his majesty, the department clerk makes an appearance.
Shaant to ja Bhaii. I shared the same frustration that my senior was LEAST bothered about reading the files. That's how system is running. Old Boys have habit of protracting Trials because fee per hearing was the norm in earlier days. He will read it on the final hearing. Dont worry.