Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Why do people only talk about tier 1s here ?

There are so many good firms doing good work and paying decently.

Whatever the question maybe, why always start with SCAM, Trilegal, etc.
More Money attracts competitive/ toxic people, and these people gossip the most. < Mostly true>
Illogical. More money attracts everybody. It's just that toxic people have gamed their entire five years of law school to get into the highest paying firms, and non-toxic but talented people avoid or quit such firms early because they can't cope with the rest.
Jobless mostly. Live off their parents till they can then move on to the streets
Salary and bragging rights. Thats what drives people initially. You will also find many senior level people going from T1 to T2/ T3 after some time because of W/L balance. Many also shift because they cant cope with stuff like targets and politics of T1s.
Lol you pathetic snobs. I'm taking home 30LPA+ and I'm 24. The dumbest guy in my college (who is a good friend btw) got 16LPA straight out of college. You law folks consider 15 LPA tier 1???!!! I may come across as elitist but someone has to humble you.
Lol, clearly you lack culture. To hell with your pathetic salary, looks like you're compensating for something else that's really small.
What's your inhand after income taxes (not under 40ADA)? Also what is your career progression in 10 years?
yes because courts are so mental healthy friendly and no pay to sustain yourself is definitely not a major contributing factor huh
What career progression are you talking about. I'm SDE 1 at amazon, my take home is 2L+ per month. In three years, I'll be SDE 2 and it will be 3.5L and in another three years SDE 3, it'll be 5.5L.
Erm...if your gross is 55-60, then your tax liability is going to be much more than 5. Just saying.
Yes yes. Absolutely right. But just took a lower tax number to show that even with such a lower tax number, how the math works.
This is a lie, my cousin works at amazon. There is a joining bonus of 15L ish divided in 2 years but it is only one time. And 15L base, no way your in hand is 2+ after taxes and contributions. Liar