Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, did you work with a senior advocate? how much did you get paid as stipend? I have started working with a chamber a few months ago and the pay is abysmal and the opportunity to grow is also not a lot I believe. How did you grow connections and get your own work? any tips?
Ok, sorry. Didi se kaise baat karein ? I feel shy ! So, Bhaiya willdo the trick for me!
the bitter mouths are the loudest, the tier 1s ive worked at were stressful but the environment was pleasant and co-operative. theres a world outside of legallyindia too lol
Kerala High Court

8 PQE

15LPA + in hand after expenses (junior, car, clerk and office expenses)
PQE 11- Independent Practice. Delhi. First Gen. Annual Turnover around 30L. Way less than peers in corporate but definitely worth it.
Behind who? People who keep venting non stop about the toxicity in law firms and how bad their mental and/or physical health is?
we live in a world where self-worth is equated to monetary net-worth, do you ever feel the FOMO of missing out on making money when you see your friends at law firms?
Yeah, litigation is never a good idea for men. You have to go through your late 20s and 30s all alone because no one marries a broke guy.
I went into litigation with same mindset. It is too taxing. Inflation catches up. Unable to marry too.
I simply do not understand why everything needs to be about money. Can't someone pursue litigation because they like it better than the work which one has to do in a law firm?
So after four years you're still making less than a Tier 1 fresher, why didnt you ever consider joining a Tier 1? With your PQE they would even want to recruit you
are you serious? cause imo thats great. how are you getting clients? how many hours do you work in a day?
PQE 4, first gen.

Practicing in Delhi. Worked for the first two years with an established lawyer, then started on my own. My average earnings have been around 1L pm. About 50% goes into expenses & salaries.