Filter By
- 85 IIT Bombay Students Placed With Job Offers Exceeding ₹ 1 Crore

- Average packages:

- Engineering & Technology: ₹ 21.88 lakh
- IT/Software: ₹ 26.35 lakh
- Finance: ₹ 32.38 lakh
- Consulting: ₹ 18.68 lakh
- Research & Development: ₹ 36.94 lakh

No NLU comes remotely close. Unless liberalisation happens and the legal system is upgraded to the standards of at least an upper-middle income country, NLU grads will continue to be underpaid.

https://www.ndtv.com/jobs/iit-bombay-placement-2023-24-85-students-receive-job-offers-exceeding-rs-1-crore-in-phase-1-4803405#pfrom=home-ndtv_topstories
Getting into IITB is infinitely more difficult than getting into a tier-1 NLU.
Nope. National universities offering law programmes have pitiful placement scene compared to NLUs. It's law versus other disciplines in terms of market demand and supply.
Tbf apart from it being boring af any one of my engineer friend can do what I do in 2-3months. But it'll take a lifetime for me to learn core finance or software development.
Any intelligent individual can learn software development by dedicating a year towards training. I can vouch for that myself. Of course, you need to have the aptitude towards it.
You can but I'm talking about the entire process here, personally i wouldn't have been able to survive 2 years of science after 10th let alone jee and then 4 years of insane competition in an IIT.

7 years after 10th, still close to my buddies, I've discovered how easy our job really is. Not talking about litigation tho no idea about it.
I know you're a troll and probably just joined a law school. But you must understand that the finance and tech guys aren't given 4-5 offers from international companies for nothing. The lawyers don't really do much than the unnecessary grunt work, which is hampering our economic development actually. Litigation lawyers, ofcourse their work is far more intensive that any tech or finance guy and they do make them millions.
Bhai wo CTC hai listed companies esops deti hai in hand tier 1 firms ke equivalent ya fir neeche hee rehta hai
Esops bhi valuable hoti hai listed companies ki, tu aise bolraha hai jaise kachre mein fekne jaisa kuch hai.
and they'll pay a lot more in taxes than us (cough "typing charges" cough)
You're brother is lying to you for free drinks. Wait till he buys that German car in 3 years.
Lol buddy u acting like ur fresher ass gonna be earning more than 19L, pipe down and be humble
False. Microsoft pays about 85-90k in-hand to folks from top NITs. Plus, I'm presently at a tier 1 B-school (India), where product managers joining Microsoft get about 1.5L p.m. post taxes. While a PM at Microsoft is certainly an excellent job, you have to remember that

(i) you've to have stellar profile (acads, extracurriculars)

(ii) get an extremely high %ile in CAT (Microsoft usually hires engineers with prior IT workex from B Schools,