Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Are there any good law firms who give internships without connections? I believe I have a decent CV, I am in 4th year from a tier-2 NLU, top of my class, have worked in a few tier-1, tier 2 offices which I secured via my college's recruitment cell, have publications at reputed places and have even won acclaimed moots. The firms never seem to reply to me, unless my college's recruitment cell (which seldom works) forwards my CV. I am interested in commercial litigation, and have done some work around TMT also.

Also, seriously contemplating leaving commercial litigation in favour of either policy work or just do an MBA and get into marketting (I know quite a bit about digital marketting, designing etc.).

O learned crowd of LI! Shed thy light.
finding jobs in industries like finance, VC funds etc. is even more contacts oriented than law. Learn to network or perish is the motto of this country because of the sheer volume of applicants. It would be impossible to go through 100s of CVs on a regular basis
Niche industries are not the subject here. OP mentioned marketing which doesn't really require any connections to get your foot in the door
It's not, not in the least atleast at junior levels. Student CVs, while also selected from the Good B Schools, are actively vetted. I dont understand why lawyers try to act too busy to do these other tasks when finance guys are doing much more capital intensive and risky work. I know several Senior Analysts/ Associates in MS/ JPM are tasted with shortlisting CVs after giving each CV a minimum of 30 seconds each.

Getting in through contacts is contra productive for I banks/ VC Funds, because carry interests are given to the analysts and the work is not actually clerical/ but very client front end. The Associates' work at a Law firm can easily be done by even a law student, as is evident from the internships. On the contrary, Finance summer internships are solely based for assessment and not the unpaid labour fraud law firms do.
Yes, lks has offered me (and two of my batchmates) internships in our 4th year after we filled up the application they provided. It was not in our preferred domain though.
They'll only consider you for a PPO if you're from a nlu orelse they'll literally use you for 6 months and throw you out
Bro I've done. Like 6 national moots but LKS has that selective moot/ internship system where I can't even fill my details properly. Better ask me for my cv no
Finsec does. I am a state uni guy and had no connections but they gave me internship nonetheless. It was pretty fruitful too.
They do it only for the Mumbai people. The firm is an all reference firm and no other way seems to work there.
Nope. I am from North India and I was offered a virtual one back when the firm was taking in-office interns. They stress on your CV and have no interviews (AFAIK).
Then just tell them you're from Mumbai, Tera rent proof nahi maangenge