Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
Im 32 and have chased the wrong people my whole life. Now im panicking and am searching for matches on matrimony sites but have found nothing solid yet. I turn 33 in August and am so scared Il never find anyone.
If you’re a guy you shouldn’t panic. There’s enough time. If you’re a girl then you can perhaps set yourself a 2-3 year target, the reason purely being a biological one. Alternatively, as a girl, you can wait even till 40-45, if you don’t want kids, or if you are open to adoption, or if you are open to freezing your eggs (subject to medical opinion). In fact, a successful lady partner at a top law firm has opted for egg freezing and done a podcast about it, to spread awareness about it.

Wherever you do, don’t rush. Also consider dating apps as an option as well. Also, one pool you can consider looking into is that of court advocates, who often settle down later because they take time to establish themselves and become financially secure. You will lots of singletons in your age group there.
Why do you consider that all girls are looking for in a marriage is procreation?
Partner banne ka bhoot savar hai but 50 ki age me akelapan kya hota hai itni foresight nahi sikhai jati firms mein.
Read the reply properly: it says girls can wait till 45 if they don’t want kids.
To be fair, their language is only suggestive and predicated on biological realities. No need to create unnecessary drama. As a woman it would be important to know that by 30 you lose 90% of your eggs and by 40 you only have 3% of what you were born with. Procreation was given as an option amongst many others.
https://www.forbes.com/health/mens-health/male-fertility-by-age/

In general, fertility starts to decline for men when they’re in their late 40s, with up to a 23% annual decline in fertility beginning at age 39[1]. One study suggested that conceiving during a 12-month period was 30% less likely for men who were over the age of 40 compared to men who were under 30 years old[
One of the biggest lies perpetuated is that only women become less fertile with age. Men do too so if you are a man who wants a baby, your biological clock is ticking bro.
Too good, we should have a legallyindia meet and greet where we can hunt for potential spouses
There was an earlier post n LI saying that IITIIMShaadi.com now accepts law grads from select colleges. If you are among those chosen few colleges, why don’t you go there and try?
What do you mean you found nothing solid? Just now I saw two profiles of 3 NLU girls on Bharat Matrimony, one of whom has a foreign MBA. There are many more. Are you going by looks only? You should know that good makeup and styling makes anyone look good. Many Bollywood actresses are very average looking in real life.
OP's problem is not finding a 'solid match' yet . OP is not suffering from lack of options definitely. OP is suffering from HER own problem. She has unrealistic standards like all the women in this country OP should be fine earning more than her spouse and OP should target men around and above 35 .
Marriage is an overrated and meaningless concept. We are in 2024, not 1924. People should not be forced to marry because our conservative Indian society demands that t.
I am ready to marry you. Here are my details:

1.College: T1 NLU

2. Height: 5' 10

3.Color: Fair

4.Built: Lean Atheltic

5. Age: 26 Years

6. Income : Lesser than you right now

7. Proviso: You should be fair and emotionally secure

Baaki I will take care
Anyone who refers to their university as "T1 NLU" and makes choice based on colour of skin is someone who should be avoided by educated people.
Respected Didi/Bhaiya,

Please don't preach what you won't practice.

Apne status se neeche ladki/ladko ko date nahi karoge, aur idhar gyan peloge.
I don't consider my 'status' a factor in choosing my partner. There are real human qualities that I choose to focus on instead. Difficult for trolls to get that concept, I know.

As for the comment below, I am considered fair skinned by Indian demographic standards, not that I give a damn about it or ever will. People who do that are uncultured, uneducated and displaying bad upbringing, no matter their pedigree or identity.
I feel you are closed minded. Still plenty of people in this age group. You should be open to marrying divorcees, people older than you, people outside your community and religion, people not earning much etc.
It's ok to be picky. Our forefathers chose life partners based on religion and caste, but for our generation it's more important for a life partner to have common views on politics and ideology, plus common interests in music and sports. That's more likely to make a marriage tick.
It's time to have a discussion on whether feminism has ultimately harmed women. Modern society has moved from extreme patriarchy to extreme wokeism. Neither is good. From being brainwashed into thinking that they should marry at 18 and have 4 kids, women have now been brainwashed into hating men and thinking that they don't need a man and kids to make them happy, that their standards for men must be as high as possible. But in their mid-30s it kicks in that they should have compromised and settled down after all -- not at 18 but certainly before 30.

We need a middle ground. Be a feminist but make compromises, as Seema Aunty says.
It’s a sad fact that girls who are dark will be rejected by most guys no matter how accomplished they may be, while fair girls will be accepted no matter how dumb they may be.

But it’s also not a uniquely Indian problem. Colorism is a huge deal in Muslim, Arab and East Asian societies. Even in the West. So many black actresses and singers lighten their skin. Even look at Meghan Markle. She says she’s woke, but look at her before s d after photos. Straightened her hair and sharpened her nose to look less African.
I feel the obsession with looks and money is more pronounced in Gen Z. I know a Gen X couple where the guy is very fat and does not earn much, but he is very friendly, very well-read and a brilliant intellectual. His wife is stunningly beautiful. She obviously chose him for his inner beauty. Such matches are rare today.
A 32-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.