Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
should I join jindal?i don't like the drug culture in Jindal and currently i have a tier 2 nlu, and keeping the huge batch size will i get opportunities? and what's the actual fee for Jindal for the 5 years without including travel. someone please help me out
A simple google search would've given you the answers, I googled jgls fee and the fee structure on their official website appears as the first search result. 6.25lakh tuition (p.a) + 3.1 lakh residential fee. Not sure if the residential fee is for the entire 5 years or p.a. If it's 3.1lpa then your total annual fee comes to around 9.35 lakhs.

https://jgu.edu.in/fee-structure/
My estimate is around 60 lacs everything included subject to future increments.
is it worth this money?all that people say is if u can afford it go for it. but is it worth the money keeping in mind the batch size,and does anyone know how many people sit for placements?. I have read around 100 people get placed but couldn't find any data on how many sit for placements
If you ask me, I would never go for anything that expensive and will go for whatever other good option I have in terms of ROI (Return on Investment).

P. S - I come from a very economically poor family. So I have a bias towards money.
See - Talking about the graduating 2024 batch - 25 people got placed (out of 400 people who sat for the placements). There is a recession in the market for the current batch.
Last year - around 78 got placed.

So Jindal's placements have been fine, but remember that you will be competing against 400 - 500 students.

Anything, else, I'll answer.
Yes, that's accurate, and even that is not the highest in the market. BITS Law and IIULER would be β‚Ή70 lacs in total for the 5 years. I am waiting to see which one gets the "honour" of topping β‚Ή1 crore first.
IIULER Goa is 11 LPA (including hostel and mess) but excluding ancillary and other personal expenses for AY 2024-25, with a 5 - 8% increase every year. So overall ~70 lacs.
1. Drug Culture- which jindal is trying to reduce heavily. So now - if you are caught with drugs - direct expulsion.

2. Wannabe kids - I think this is reasonable.
3. Hookup culture

4. Not toooo good faculties. Some would be amazing, but some would be horrible.
5. Good faculties are leaving.
6. No enjoyment. It can come out like a jail. Like for instance, Amit Trivedi recently asked in the fest - how is the party culture in Jindal - all the students said - what party? There's no party culture in Jindal. Jindal can act extremely strict in these regards.
7. There are guard dogs on the gate - which sniff you. And security will frisk you. Now despite this, there's a lot of drug and alcohol culture in Jindal.

But all this said - Jindal is a beautiful experience. Like I'll miss being in Jindal. I'll miss everything about Jindal. It's like a strict, but beautiful second home.
You must consider Jindal if you are not selected in top 5 NLUs like - NLS, Nalsar, NUJS, NLU Delhi, NLU Jodhpur.

Jindal has better faculty and facilities than any other law school.
Most of their faculty are greenhorns who despite getting huge salary and perks have failed to make a name for themselves in academia. As for facilities, when divided between that humongous batch size, those too amount to little in reality.
Not Tier 2 for sure, the infrastructure is quite decent, has a strong alumni base, has a far better placement record than GNLU and NLUD, garners International Firms and the Vice President of the Country dropping by, for random reasons. I will agree that we have failed to retain some great faculty but we do have quite a few good ones remaining.
Name a single one. Moreover, your academic scene is obsolete and the policies in place prevent even good people to introduce new practices, courses or anything else for that matter. Faculty did not have any say whatsoever during PPS' reign. Maybe things will change now, maybe they won't. Remains to be seen.
This has to be the biggest lie ever peddled on LI. Jindal’s placements aren’t even within touching distance of NLUD or GNLU. Sure, there’re some smart kids there, but that won’t compensate enough for the ones that come through pure money.
Drug culture is there across NLUs, so that's not a valid reason. If you are getting HNLU/NLUO join that otherwise Jindal if placements is your prime concern.
They intake more than the market's demand. That is, barely anyone gets placed since they take SO MANY people. Moreover, a lot of them are from really rich families with good contacts which has an impact on who the firms hire too. So with no contacts and limited money, it seemed like a bad gamble to me when I was in your place
So I am from 5th Year Jindal. Now there is a lot of drug culture in Jindal. I think every second room would smoke up. Not sure, but by your 3rd year, maybe you'll also try it. That said, batch sizes are humongous. All good faculty from Jindal are slowly leaving Jindal and jindal has kept a lot of new faculties, who do not have much teaching experience.

Despite all this - Jindal does provide good oppurtunities, for instance, semester exchange - (be ready to spend around 10-12 lakhs); llm pathways (where the universities offered are not good anymore - but be ready to spend around 40-50 lakh rupees); harvard/oxford 3-4 week (it seems a sheer waste of money - but be ready to spend another 10-12 lakhs). All these spending are apart from the fees you'll be paying at Jindal.

In regards of fees - 5 years back - we were paying 40lakh for everything (5 years). You don't have to worry about the actual fee (because what they tell is correct and they do offer you appropriate services). Like you will miss Jindal's food forever (even after you graduate), you have easy access to laundry, nice hostels.

But apart from this - Jindal is cracking down on all the drug culture now. And anyone even found with 1gm of drug will be directly expelled from campus.

Anything else, I'll answer.
A 1-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.