Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
M/Mum/T2NLU/3YR/T2firm

I have an internship coming up in a law firm. How do I make the best out of it. What do they mean by "good work"? Am I supposed to know everything about the field I am going to work in beforehand? Should I underpromise and overdeliver? Should I ask for help or not? How proactive can I get?
lmao real ngl, get all the male associates to ask for gym advice lmaooo
I recently secured a PPO at a good law firm. My advice to you is as follows-

1. Always be dressed perfectly. Don’t look too nerdy as well. It is psychological that people want to talk more to people who dress nicely but not to those who wear blazers and shit to office.

2. Don’t act like a know-it-all kid. If you don’t know how to do a certain task assigned to you, it’s better to ask your assignor right there and then.

3. Make your expectations clear from day 1. If you’re looking for a call-back and a possible future, make it clear to the firm and ask them what all do they expect from you.

4. Always ask for deadlines whenever getting work from someone and turn the work in before the hard deadline.

5. Don’t be creepy to anyone or trying to be extra friendly to your superiors.

6. Don’t be too much on your phone in the office, scrolling reels or playing games. If you’re free then ask for work from everyone and even if no one gives it to you, read a book from the library.
I think that depends on the firm’s policy. Most firms are fine with interns coming without blazers if they aren’t being taken to court or client meetings.
A 19-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.