Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I keep hearing how the legal field is a scam and how it sucks. we all know the reasons. I want to know WHY people who stay, stay. What kind of people love this industry? and how do you figure out if you are one of them?
0.0001% people in our profession make it to a T1 bhai. There are lakhs of people graduating every year, only a few 100s make it to a T1
Salary: Won't disclose but its out on public forums anyways

Overall Expenses: Not more than 2/2.25 lakhs

Savings: Total - 2/2.25 lakhs

Marital Status: Single/Man

i) Rent: 80k

ii) Clothing: 60-70k

iii) Outing: 20k

iv) Food: 10k

iv) Travel: 10k

v) Misc: 10k

Its difficult to save in Mumbai due to the pressure to keep up with the hawabaazi and potray an image for your blue chip client. Also, one does not get time to routinely go for outings since weekends are very rare (without work) and most of the times you are out for business development dinners/lunches with your client/team when time permits. Lastly, cutting down on smoking and junk food has helped both my pocket and my health which I do not regret and infact recommend everyone to follow suit.

The money may be good but your savings discipline makes the change if you want to have a family and keep up with a above-middle class lifestyle in a place like Mumbai or Delhi. Personally never ever thought about getting married since its a lot of responsibility (my parents hope this thought changes haha).

Cheers!
You spend 60-70k on Clothing every month???!! Also, could you please elaborate "the pressure to portray an image" bit?
You've gotta keep tailor-made formals, good watches, good shoes, a fairly expensive car if you're desirous of climbing up the social ladder. Money attracts money. Invest in yourself and see how it opens up new doors for you.
I am not the same person who wrote the comment but I work for a Tier 1 in Delhi. 60 - 70k is still fine, people at these firms wear brands such as Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Armani and what not for casuals which costs quite a lot; and top of that formals from Louis Philippe/Raymond is also pretty expensive. Moreover, if you are a Counsel at a firm like Trilegal, there is ofcourse some form of pressure to carry yourself in a swanky manner given how you will be client facing 70% of the time. So to each its own.
There is pretty good money in law provided:

1. You have skills (not taught in college so you either self learn, have a friend or family to teach skills, or a kind senior - none of these are easy to come by)

2. Learn how to get clients - either through brand building, or through extensive networking

Its not like you get a degree and then you just get hired in a job

Most people do little just crib

Others willing to put in consistent work rock it

If you are listening to a lot of negative crap time to change your company