Read 47 comments as:
Filter By
I got a tier 1 NLU through reservation but I feel shitty because now I will be studying with people ranked much higher than me in clat and that is creating an inferiority complex in me. Somebody help
Not availing reservation when you can would arguably be one of the stupidest things one can do while trying to get into a college.
Exercising my constitutional right can never be derogatory to my self-respect.
Denying candidates for a merit seat is denigrating the position of a responsible citizen. Responsibility comes before "constitutional" right - always.
Why don't you try to argue this in a court and challenge the provisions on constitution? Get the provisions struck down, what's stopping you?
Make foul use of of a right merits demerits and derogates your self respect...provided you have a conscience that is...
What foul use? Is there a criteria to use reservation that I not fulfilling or fulfilling through some illegality? They say you need to have this 'X' surname, I have it. Where is the foul use? Who hurt you?
Just because the prevailing law allows something that doesn't meant it is righteous.
Why don't you try to look it from the other lens? How do you define righteousness in this scenario?
That's why I mentioned some people. Moreover don't confuse legality with morality. Self-respect and pride are about the latter.
Wow, so many reservation hating incels here! Hope they start studying consti law soon.
If the system is rigged in your favour why wouldn’t you make use of it? Not using reservation is stupid esp because clat is unpredictable asf and even someone with months of solid prep can mess up on exam day and get a low rank. In such cases reservation is like a safety net. Is it moral? Perhaps not. But not using it is just plain stupid lol.
Nope. Merit is nothing without equal opportunity to everyone from birth.
Seeing the privileged and entitled students in law school or elsewhere, it sure feels that way.
Tbh it's best if people belonging to reserved categories use reservation, that way they're at least reducing the competition among the open category students.
It's so good to see someone doing this. I am sure your classmate could walk with his head high and will do so forever.
Yes, my classmate felt uncomfortable being classified as an ST (you see in India, the surname reveals a lot). But he never played the victim card. A bit like Parsis in India. They are a tiny minority but have never played the minority card. That is a proud and self-respecting community - and see their impact, influence, and achievements in this and for this country.
Don't know why mods have marked this trollish, everything you've said is true.
just work hard buddy, everyone has to

some put the time during clat prep and college, you will have to do it only during college

just the way life is, be grateful and don't think too much about it

will you struggle? probably yes, but so will everyone

I've seen many exceptions to the general norm of the "general" category being in the top 20/30, be that exception
Enjoy man. Make the most of the opportunity. Congratulations for T1. Party hard.
Bro CLAT is such an unreliable exam to measure one's Aptitude, that in my batch, people with 14k rank are topping the course, meanwhile people with 1k ranks are getting repeats in end sems. Don't beat yourself. And ignore the 1st years on this platform.
god the comment section reeks of casteism! you do you buddy, work hard and stay focused!

moreover clat ranks don't decide who does well in college, so you might actually be better than those 'merit' students!
When the state is seeing us through a casteist lens, it is natural you will adopt that too albeit more aggressively.
The topper in our batch got via reservation. CLAT doesn't indicate merit. You will do all right
Most of OBC and Clat takers have no such thing. You are clearly delusional. Thats why we need population quota. So the people enrolled in govt school without tution only compete with other people enrolled in govt school. That will be substantive equality. SC/ ST are getting their population proportionate, its time we extend it to OBC too.

So we only compete among our own category. So there are no such division and clamour.