Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
At NLSIU, we saw some old-guard "TLC mafia" profs openly stall Sudhir's appointment. Many of them have now left and been replaced by NLSIU alumni profs. Is the faculty there more united now?

At NALSAR, many years ago there was an all-out fight between Veer Singh's camp and Amita Dhanda's camp which was fought openly in the media. How about now? Any camps?

At NLUD and GLU, there haven't really much internal faculty politics AFAIK. Or am I wrong?

NUJS is notorious for faculty in-fighting since the time Ishwar Bhat took over. Are things now just as bad?

At Jindal, the Palestine issue saw an open email fight between a corp law prof (supporting Israel and opposing Hamas) and Sameena Dalwai. Even the Haryana Women's Commission chief, with whom the student had shared the emails, addressed it. So is there are ideological polarisation?

How about other law schools?
NLUJ under PPS and her sidekick Cowsick. All the senior Profs left citing our dear VC as the reason. Apparently, she was rude, arrogant and couldn't do discussions.

For some reason, PPS saw to be it that we never get decent fac. As replacement, she brought in recent NLUJ LLM graduates or locals from Jodhpur colleges. It was horrible.
This post is totally wrong and biased. She has been one of the best VCs. The profs who left had other reasons. Please also stop looking down on traditional colleges. Even Kapil Sibal and Arun Jaitley studied in DU and not NLU.
i know this thread will probably discuss politics at tier-1 nlus, but even gossip is there even in bottom tier nlus like dsnlu (visakhapatnam). there is a new vc, who came last month, replacing the interim vc.

this interim vc was a decent prof, led a very successful centre, was examinations dean. everybody thought this new vc (from andhra uni) was going to be a puppet vc. but since he's come, the prof's name was removed from the list of past vcs (the sign board that hangs in vc cabins usually). she was removed as dean of exams, and now has been served a termination letter.

new vc has called her 'psychotic' and 'she has become mentally ill herself' (one of her children is mentally challenged. fuck him, fuck people losing their jobs like this, especially after making a shit centre in a shit nlu rise to such ranks. sure, sudha had the fiasco at the end of her tenure where she victim shamed some victims of sexual assault, but much people have gotten away with worse.

atleast she should have been not left jobless. she has challenged it in labor court. i hope the shit nlu loses.
NLUD had faculty openly fight with the current VC when he used to be registrar. There had been even lawsuits and the faculty was later made to undergo demotion. LI had covered it back then I think.
RMLNLU, Lucknow. The so called seniors (they prefer to be addressed as "foundational faculty") are always trying to downgrade the junior faculty (all of them have now a minimum of 10 years standing at RML). These senior teachers treat RML as their fiefdom and want to run it as an Afghanistan's Talibani madrasa. The junior faculty try to innovate and upgrade the skills but senior TLC faculty "intimidate", discourage and ridicule their young colleagues.
This comment about RMLNLU is 100% true. I can confirm it. The old guard are also against hiring NLU alumni as faculty.
NUJS is the worst when it comes to in-fighting. Teachers are less into research and teaching and more into politics.
Not only that but they involve students as pawns in their political fights.
Did you study in all the NLUs and did a comparative study on this? If so, I would love to see the report.
Do you make reports on everything? Do you make reports to compare quality of Taj Mahal chai patti and Three Roses chai patti?
In order to compare, I would at least partake of both. In this case, that is not possible.