Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
First year law student. Wanted to know where can I find summaries for judgements that run 800 plus pages. It is really difficult to understand anything when case laws are that long.
This generation thinks that they know it all and anyone who tries to give REAL LIFE advice from their own learnings which have helped them succeed is toxic.

Doomed!
Don't mind all the mean comments, that's how this website happens to be
Didn't mind at all. Honestly I am not being lazy as some people are trying to suggest here and I don't mind reading these long judgements. It's just that I am in bit of a crunch time and wanted to get a sense of what the issues, facts, etc. are so that while reading the primary judgement I am able to focus on what is important. Nevermind. None of t these comments have been helpful.
1. Try to get used to reading long and confusing judgments

2. SCC/Manupatra have case notes that summarise the main bits of the judgment at the top
Ignore the comments, I doubt even half of them read a 800 page judgement. They're talking as if they don't rely on scc Manupatra case summaries. Idk what moral high ground they get by shitting on juniors.

If it's a small judgement you should definitely read it, but 800 pages sounds like wasting almost more than half the day on one judgement.
It's not about reading lengthy judgement rather the ability to read voluminous documents since whatever area of work you choose, documents will chase you there. Lawyers are paid hefty amount qki sabke baske padai nahi hoti. And frankly, as a DU law graduate I understood the art of making arguments/reasoning and decision making through so called 800 pages judgements. It will also add to your legal vocabulary and provide solid base to your line of reasoning in future. Baki each to its own, either you take shit seriously or be shit upon in front of other. Decision is yours.
When did the OP or even me deny reading voluminous document. It was about time spent being related to the benefit out of it. 800 page judgements will not provide the benefit relative to the time put in in reading all of it. Most importantly it was a simple question about summaries. The OP isn't even denying that they won't read landmark judgements or smaller judgements. There is not even a single SC lawyer who doesn't rely on summaries and case notes from time to time. Take your DU Gyan and give it where it's relevant.
You won't find summaries of case laws but you can get head notes of the judgement from judgements downloaded from SCC Online (SC) and manupatra (HC) which is only for quick reference. Also, since you are paid for studying, I suggest you to develop the habit of reading lengthy judgement. It will help you in longer run and also will put you way ahead of people asking for summaries of judgement on LI. To keep up with lengthy judgement, please write the chain of movement of case, brief facts and issues mentioned in the judgement while reading the same, that will allow you keep a hold on the nerve of the judgement. Sometimes the obiter runs 100 pages only to find ratio of 2 lines. All the best buddy.
Buddy that means I will have to do spend time doing actual work, and that takes time away from making Facebook reels or thinking of ways to get instant attention or Netflix time. I want the easy way out without doing any hardwork because I am entitled to it.
Thank you. To reiterate again I don't mind reading long judgements. I tried reading it but couldn't make sense of things after reading 300 pages of the judges. But I'll try my best. Maybe it's my first time reading such a long judgement and because of that I am struggling.
open the judgement pdf on microsoft edge and ask copilot to summarise it