Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
I have got internships lined up at AZB Mumbai and JSA Mumbai, both clashing, so have to choose one. I have heard a lot of extremely bad things about Z's style of management and general demeanor, is it all true or exaggerated? Did she really throw coffee on an intern?
Against my better instincts, I'd say go for AZB if it's just an internship (unless you're looking for a PPO). On your CV, AZB will look slightly better than JSA. If you're looking for a PPO, run from AZB
Try interning in Mr. Rau's team. If everything goes well, you'll get the best of both worlds.
Frankly, it's the number one law firm in India right now. AZB is doing incredible in terms of transaction value and quality. It's bad for the people who cannot match their standards.
Besides everything, it is the only tier 1 firm that still makes partner within 7-8 years.
AZB is literally the best if you're up for the challenge. It has the best culture for growth, learning, and reward. If you're working in No. 1 law firm in India, don't expect to be treated like a kid.
Every other dude with no offers but AZB feels the same. Ridiculous top heavy firm with so much toxicity, back biting and predatory behaviour. We all know about the high and mighty partners and how they treat associates, harassing them to the point of quitting. And only one example got blown up, when there are endless more in every office. I pity every bright eyed fresher that has to join the hellish workplace of AZB. Fastest way to lose the shine in your eyes is to join AZB and gaslight yourself into thinking you're "learning" and "adjusting to the corporate culture".
Unlike many firms, AZB rejects anyone who is average. Since most people are average and easily rejected by AZB, they tend to throw hate. It doesn’t change the fact that AZB is the new market leader and it’s here to stay. You have to be brilliant to make it.
Bro do some quick reading of M&A stats of 2023- AZB comes with the highest deal volume. No cost cutting, pure work and quality.
Actually very few people are average mathematically speaking. They are either above average or below average. That’s how you usually get the β€œaverage”. It would be a remarkable statistical coincidence if a majority of a sample set of any population resided squarely at the β€œaverage” level - very u likely imho.
The above comment is as mathematically inaccurate as can be. Averages are not as simplistic as you make it sound. 90% of people in a sample can also be average if there is not a huge variance in IQ data. Which is in fact the case. Please read about bell curves. Most people are near enough the mathematical average to be considered statistically average. Please don't opine about mathematics if you didn't study it after grade 10. Lawyers anyway have a bad name for themselves when it comes to numbers. Don't propagate the stereotype.
A 3-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.