Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Some unconfirmed time back (they've hired from multiple colleges, so using this to hide my identity), I got hired as a risk consultant at a big 4 firm in my 5th year. To people who've done this, what are the exit opportunities into law and otherwise? How is the work and what exactly is the work?
EY I am guessing. To put it bluntly it's an LPO job. You'll be advising corporates for keeping their compliances in check or compliances for setting up business in a new region. Exit opportunities will be great for in house roles little difficult in core law. Hours better than law firms :)
Thank you for being blunt :) So say I want to transition to a T1 post around 2-3 years in a firm like EY, would it be possible? Especially if I keep up with the technical stuff and the like. Would I have to start all over again as an A0 then? Be as blunt as possible, I don't really have much guidance for this around me.

And say I want to transition to pure a business role - (associate consultant - McKinsey) - what steps would I have to make and would my Big 4 experience help with an MBB job?
Core business Consulting will be difficult without another degree mba but then again this role can help i getting brownie points for a good mba college.

First question yes possible I had deep dived into this as they had come to our campus as well recently. So there are designation like director /manager and pay will increase but there is a certain ceiling to this role you need to switch quick to law firm if you're ambitious money wise otherwise if money doesn't matter(doesn't mean you'll not get paid anything i am comparing salaries in tier 1 and 2 law firms) and you want a chill life continue working and then switch in house. Growth is slower in big 4 but then again hours are lesser.

The 9.13 ctc something has a lot of terms go through it and check how much actually is in hand pay before deciding. And t2 college if you're not optimistic about getting anything take this see for 6 months how you like it otherwise jump ship.
Switching internally is possible but difficult core consulting in big 4 will require a good technical skill let's in accounting or tax which we as lawyers but right place at the right time makes the world go round. All the best.
I mean I'll be honest they came to the campus - else I think you have to apply separately on their website. Know your CV inside out and be thorough with whatever you "claim" to know. They are more looking at how you think vs the actual technical details atp. If you've done compliance work somewhere in an internship in some manner or form, highlight that.

This is the one area I could help, so I did!
I mean the pay is the same across the board for consultants starting in the big 4. Not trilegal big, but big enough to live on (9 lpa ctc) - I presume it rises as I keep putting my years and the work
integrated law degree. It's not NLSIU or NALSAR, that much I can say XD - the whole point of this thread was for me be anon - but yes, they've been known to take from T2s
I have 3 years of experience working in LPO though as document review not as contract/compliance work. Would it work applying to big 4?