Read 61 comments as:
Filter By
Telangana (NALSAR): Three way fight between BRS, BJP and Congress. BRS favourites but hung assembly may force it to partner with either BJP or Congress (likely Congress, as they are secular and more reliable allies than BJP).

NALSAR's concerns:

a) Infra and funding still superior to most NLUs, but some of the infra is now ageing and more funds are needed to improve hostels and other facilities. Also need for better faculty, especially NLU alumni.

b) An 80% Telangana quota in NALSAR was mooted by the Congress during the previous election. KCR has not implemented any such policy, but as 2024 approaches could that be implemented for votes? Or is NALSAR just too prestigious and famous to be fiddled around with?

Madhya Pradesh (NLIU): Tight fight between BJP and Congress. Whoever wins, there could be a new CM (Kamal Nath for Congress, Scindia for BJP).

a) NLIU has traditionally been apolitical, but a major campus fight erupted last month, during a pro-BJP seminar allegedly involving hate propaganda. Will the return of a BJP government mean more of this? Conversely, will a Congress government put a stop to it?

b) The decline of NLIU in recent years has ben quite sad. Fall in NIRF rankings, fall in prestige and CLAT preference etc. DNLU Jabalpur is also eating away funds that could have gone to NLIU. Will a new government give more funding?

c) Weak faculty, falling infra.

Rajasthan (NLUJ): History of rotating governments and infighting in Congress may give BJP the edge.

NLUJ's concerns:

a) More funding and better faculty needed.

b) Return of BJP may mean culture wars like NLIU

Chhattisgarh (HNLU): Congress strong favourite to return.

a) Current government has done much for HNLU. More funding needed.
NLIU, HNLU are just washouts and things of the past. NLUJ needs to start hiring proper permanent faculty first. NALSAR is okay, but not really anywhere near the top any more. The NLU model should be like NLUD, which is not bothered by elections. Whichever government may come to power in Delhi, we are a national university and will be treated as such.
NLUD is on decline. Just like Delhi is the worst city in every aspect, NLUD is the worst place to study law.

NLS/NALSAR/NUJS were, are and always be invincible. Even NLIU and NLUJ are better options than NLUD currently. In terms of placements, all 5 of them definitely beat NLUD single-handedly. And now we have got other reasons to not place NLUD above these five.

Delhi was already not a safe city. Parents also now do not prefer sending their kids in a gas chamber. NLUD can only be a place for rich kids of Delhi and neighbouring areas who are oblivious to suffering of large population of the northern belt.
Best Faculty - NLSIU

Best Placements - NUJS

Best Litigation/UPSC/Judiciary scene - NLUD

Best Campus - NALSAR
Best judiciary scenes is in CNLU over 100 people of different batches cleared Bihar Judiciary in 2021
Beg to differ on NALSAR. Very uninhabitable with the current breed of Andrew tate fan boys and sexual harassment.
Disregarding actual and numerous instances of assault and predatory behaviour because he is "sweet". Very in-touch-with-reality of you
Why is this trollish? It's true, at the very least mark it as contested if you feel like questioning it @mods.

If you're reading, everyone knows MG
Again, why is this trollish, admins? What part of this comment comes across as a troll? The part where there is a demand for safe spaces and increased accountability in law schools? Or the part where sexual assault apologists are asked to reconsider?
Hi, I am a potential upcoming NALSAR student, could you tell a bit more about this? Is the situation as bad if someone like that gets the best offers? Is it worth going to NUJS instead?
Hi, I am from NUJS. What I can tell you is that bad people and students will always exist everywhere. Objectively speaking, NALSAR is a fine institution. There is no real difference between the opportunities available at both of these places. There are good and bad students as well as faculty and admin at both the places. My info about NALSAR comes from my friends there and I have got quite a few of those. Only juvenile people will engage in meaningless comparison or measuring contests, the sensible people from both the places do have respect for each other, especially when they are likely to become colleagues right after graduation. So, if you are planning to make a choice between the two, maybe focus on issues like hostel, location etc. You will get support from your peer group and faculty at both the places unless you prove yourself to be a particularly obnoxious fellow, which I hope you are not. Best of luck with your choice and life ahead!
Just stay away from the guy with a pedo stache offering academic advice and vapes near the library
One of the most vocal leaders of the protest that happened in the BH is good friends with him, he cannot be that bad.
How is NLUD the best litigation scene? They don't have a single alum designated senior even! NLS will outshine any other NLU about alum achievements now.
Why marked trollish? The Karnataka HC decision makes it clear which law school is National and which is not. Granted that the Supreme Court is now hearing this case, but unless overruled this is still the law.
Because this platform does not like to say bad things (even if true) about certain state NLUs, calling state institutions "NLUs" is a misnomer and misleading in itself.
Cong is winning Telangana by a big margin according to the latest poll by Axis. This is excellent news for NALSAR. Expect more funding for sure.
Agree with the NUJS and NLSIU point but the NALSAR bit is so so untrue
best placements nujs on what basis- I get it 2023 was an abysmal year for placements but overral nls placements top
You are NOT a national university. The Karnataka High Court has made it clear that only NLSIU is national. Unless the Supreme Court overrules it, this is the law.
Lol, national university with state domicile reservation! NLS negated the effect of that judgment by allowing domicile after it came.
Who cares what that backwater HC with fanboy judges who don't know the law says? We are from Delhi, where the SC is the top dog.
80% domicile in nalsar is the need of the hour. more telangana people deserve to study in nalsar. i hope INC comes to power and implements this.
Opinion polls are saying that BRS will narrowly win in Telangana. It could then resort to populist measures out of insecurity, such as 75% caste or domicile reservation (inspired by Bihar). NALSAR, as a state university, then becomes vulnerable...
In Telangana the current controversy is not about hiking the amount of reservation but about including Muslims and certain castes in the definition of SC and ST. So the percentage of reservation at NALSAR is unlikely to go up, rather only the eligibility of certain people may change. The fellow who is campaigning for 80% reservation at NALSAR (Sravan Dasoju) is a former Congress leader who has now joined BRS, but even then he is a bit player with no real influence.
Opinion polls are suggesting the Congress could win Telangana for the first time ever. This is great news for NALSAR. Having a national party in power will change their outlook for NALSAR to a pan-India outlook rather than a regional outlook. The Congress is also more intellectually oriented, so we can expect eminent people on the governing body, good guest lecturers etc. Definitely acche din for NALSAR!! 💪
MP = Shivraj = status quo for NLIU and DNLU

Raj = Scindia or RS Rathore = Possible boost for NLUJ

CG = Baghel = status quo for HNLU

Tel = Cong = Boost for NALSAR
Congress 5/5. The times they are a changin my friend. Good for India!!<3
So, the results are pretty much final now. BJP has won MP, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh, Cong has taken Telangana. Good results for all the NLUs, because national parties are always better for NLUs than regional parties. NALSAR was suffering under BRS and NUJS has been totally destroyed by TMC.

NOTE: AAP is a national party, not a regional part, hence NLUD’s success is intact. Similarly, CPIM is a national party, hence NUJS did well initially.
I think the lesson from today is that the BJP and Modi are rock solid and will win in 2024. For me, the best comment about the election results was made by Tehseen Poonawalla, who is a Congress guy but a critic of the way the party is heading. Tehseen said that the Congress should stop being woke and move towards the centre. Couldn’t agree more. The other thing they need to do is stop associating with corrupt regional parties like RJD, Samajwadi, DMK and TMC.
BJP is fine with corruption so long as that keeps happening within its own ranks, which are filled with turncoats from those very same parties that you referred to.
Unless and untill NLUs are upgraded to the National level like IITs and IIMs or they are given IoE status, all of this talk is just useless. In the eyes of the govt they will continue to remain state universities and will be treated as such irrespective of who is in power. And in the ranking of state universities they will always be preferred later than medical and engineering state universities. So in the end whether NLS or the last ranking newly made NLU, all of them remain on the same level as state universities in the eyes of the general public and govt.
Nalsar has good connections with the Congress. The son of Jairam Ramesh is a Nalsar grad. Many others too. I'm very optimistic that we will get a boost and reclaim the NIRF #1 spot in 3-4 years. 🙌
Revanth Reddy has been sworn in as CM today. But more than him, I feel the law minister and Advocate General will play a more important role for NALSAR. We have to wait and see who the Congress appoints. I think the chances of an NLSIU alum becoming AG and a NALSAR alum becoming AAG are high.
Nalsar is too big and prestigious to be affected by politics.Like IIT and IIM. Makes no difference who is in power.
BREAKING: All the CMS have now been named, with Rajasthan announcement coming moments ago, They are:

Telangana - Revanth Reddy

MP - Mohan Yadav

CG: Vinod Sai

Rajasthan: Bhajan Lal Sharma

All greenhorns and no known connections with any NLU. Doubt if it will help the NLUs.
As if anyone would have expected any help for the NLUs anyway from the politicians.
Diya Kumari is Raj Deputy CM. She is an educated and smart person, so I am sure she will help NLUJ. I think the students should form a delegation and meet with her.
so happy that INC came in telangana. high time they act upon their promise of 80% domicile in nalsar.