Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
I am a fourth-year female law student at one of the Tier-1 NLUs. I have developed a crush on this young lawyer in my city owing to his articles and takes - seems very intelligent, sensitive, witty and self-made. He's also easy on the eyes. However, I have never spoken to him, online or offline, and he probably doesn't know I exist. He works under a renowned advocate and I presume he is open to dating since his Twitter makes references to using dating apps.

I consider myself to be quite attractive and intelligent, even if I do say so myself. What should I do? How should I approach him? Should I even approach him? I just can't get him out of my mind. I do not use Twitter so I cannot try to flirt with him there.

Some options:

- approach him seeking guidance/feedback on a piece I wrote (we are connected on LinkedIn and it wouldn't be too shady since he has an interest in this area)

- intern at the chambers he works at (I have been considering it anyway)

- approach him seeking career guidance (???? seems highly shady just typing it out)

- write more details about him in replies, hoping he reads these and figures out it's him and replies saying what to do

- wait and watch as LI devolves this into a guessing game about which college I am in, and then a debate about which NLUs constitute Tier 1 and which do not
Well you are clearly looking into this guy at twitter so might as well try talking to him there, or just wait till you get to try your luck out in the chambers.

Personally, I am waiting for the last option to happen XD
So I should create a Twitter account just to talk to him? 😭
Maybe yes. Open a twitter and then do some impulsive tweeting and then go for the guy or your end XD
Is this a troll post? Seems like a troll post. Not taking the bait.
It really isn't, my sense of humour is just twisted so it reads like that, please help I'm serious I keep stalking him on LinkedIn it's embarrassing 😭
Well, then, you know, how about just ... telling him and see if he is interested? Saves both of you a lot of time and avoids all the creepiness.
3, 4, 5 definitely. After that 2 is the best option but don't make any moves during your internship. Make a good impression, join that office after graduation and then go ahead.
I've no interest in litigation so joining that chamber is definitely not happening πŸ™ 3 sounds so creepy to me myself omg
I upvoted this - all the more reason to help me isn't it, please give me some suggestions 😭
Pyar word ko barbad mat karo. It's just infatuation which happens in this age.
All your suggestions are creepy. Just shoot your shot. Keep it real.
I lowkey agree. But where? And how? I don't have his number or anything
Yes just don't waste time in all these. Confront him and pour all feelings out. If he says yes good if not then move on.
Whether you are a guy or a girl, taking the roundabout route is never the correct option. You will just come across as lame as creepy. Just speak to him and ask him out. Also, be prepared for a no (he may not be single, or looking for a relationship). All the best!
WHERE? I have never met him and don't have any opportunity to do so
Do girls really find it so hard for this? Most guys I know will go on dates with ANY girl who even approaches them
After #metoo many working lawyers are (rightly) apprehensive about dating students.
Nonsensical post and you will never get a right answer because if you've ever been in the dating game, different approaches work with different people. The advice here will also be generic crap that people would've picked up on Quora or Reddit or some social media site from Westerners mostly. And even though people say it's no issue if a girl asks out a guy, that only works if you've knows the guy personally for some time. As of now, you're an Internet stalker for all purposes. In any case, your question is quite creepy and should be marked trollish and ideally, not even published on a site where the standards of moderation and discussion are at an all-time low. Even worse is how you had to state you're from a tier-1 NLU and you consider yourself "good-looking" in order for your post to gain some traction in the comments. Grow up.
Your comment actually is trollish and not the actual post. It's fine to go on talking about watches and wines, but not this. Maybe you grew up too early and forgot what early 20s are like!

OP - As a woman, I would say hi, I found your xyz piece quite interesting, would like to chat more if you're interested and have some time. Then see how it goes. All the best!
First, I never endorsed the threads about watches and wines either, so your assumption and analogy are both illogical. Second, I think you should refrain from disingenuously commenting about someone else’s life experience, that too on an anonymous forum. OP, on the other hand, seems more than desperate to disclose as much about herself to random strangers. Either she’s not even a girl and is just trolling, or she clearly doesn’t realise she can be easily caught out in the real world if someone who knows her reads this thread. In any case, it’s something that shouldn’t have been published on a legal news website to begin with. Might want to do a little growing up yourself if you’re defending this garbage.
Cool, just very different points of view, so no point taking digs at each other about growing up. Anyway, all the best to you!
Also, that’s pretty horrible advice because the guy will know that no one actually rings up a stranger to merely talk about some journal piece. Better advice would be for OP to just confess that she loves him and wants him to ask her out.
"Loves" him? Lol! Imagine hearing that from some random stranger you have never met! I will call the cops!
People do reach out to others if they have something substantial to discuss about the latter's work, like some concrete questions or feedback
Point taken about the stalkerness, but the traction bit seemed to have worked no? πŸ’€
Totally agreed. She doesn't know her personally, has never met him, doesn't know how he's like in real life, yet "falling" for him through internet stalking. I can't believe we are encouraging this nonsense
Tales from the AbusrdLet's not forget that familiarity is the architect of all our contempt in life. In this illusory world of social media, your affections are as one-sided as a debate in an echo chamber. Take it from one who has sailed these killing fields. On my maiden voyage into the tempestuous seas of digital romanceβ€”courtesy of the dating app. I too was smitten by a digital deity whose profile was a symphony of aesthetic pleasure and adventurous pursuits. It almost seemed like a match made in heaven brought together by the whims of the β€˜bumbly’ algorithm. It was our mutual preference for β€˜Infernal Affairs’ over the Scorsese's remake that did the trick for me.

Our textual dalliance of wit and words culminated in a rendezvous amidst the colonial charm of Colaba. Yet, alas, it was not the face but the intent that was the grand illusion. My enchantress, it turned out, had a very real-world script in mind, with a twist that would have made Mr M. Night Shyamalan blush. I was quoted a clear-cut tariff of Rs. 8000/-, a friend’s price (it seems), for the desired company in the locale of my choosing.

The chivalrous (and almost broke) budding lawyer that I was, I found myself quickly mulling over the fiscal dynamics of this amorous enterprise. With masterful sleight of hand, I furtively inspected the meager contents of my wallet, followed by a fleeting glance at my banking app beneath the table's shroud. But the coffers of a budding legal eagle aren't exactly the stuff of fortunes. As the negotiation unfolded, I found myself in the throes of an absurdist play, where the cost of courtship had been unveiled devoid of any sentimental baggage.

So there I was, retreating to my grand 1 RK, poorer by Rs. 5000/- and my dreams of love punched in the gut. I couldn't help but snicker at the joke life had just played on me. In this bizarre bazaar of β€˜lou’, buyers are to beware.
Overwrought verbosity. Pseudo-intellectual posturing, affected eloquence, grandiloquent excess, cloying verbosity, and whimsical indulgence in linguistic acrobatics
I hope you're not stupid enough to not realise that if you intern at the chambers where he's working, your chances of dating him would be about near to zero (considering he's not a creep and knows about POSH)
Girl, DO NOT mix profession with the personal. It's going to be hard enough for you to be taken seriously as a woman once you're out without you possibly looking like a fool over an infatuation.
Seconding this! Also the profession is a very gossipy space, so if it fails the story will spread and ruin your reputation.
A 4-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.