We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
- The costs involved
- The quality of the facilities
- Whether there is heavy demand and it's hard to get a slot (as it's not exclusively for NUJS)
Please be transparent and give us proper info.
A huge issue with NLUJ is that because of their contractual positions, they can never retain any good faculty. All of their faculty members keep applying at various NLUs and would leave the moment they get an opportunity there. In fact, several NLUJ faculty keep applying for even contractual positions elsewhere, which bodes ill for their involvement and loyalty for the institution. NUJS also sees faculty leaving regularly, but usually for better opportunities, higher positions etc., and they have a core group of people who are from Kolkata and hence would obviously prefer to stay there. I am not from either place, but have known plenty of people studying and teaching at both.
Someone from NLUJ can post about their sports facilities - I have no idea.
NLSIU
NALSAR
NLUD
GNLU
NLUJ
NUJS
NLIU
The thing is I also play badminton on a competitive level. I would wish to continue with that while getting the chance to excel academically. Therefore, it would be great if I could get that place that gave me space for both.
Can I get LI's view on this?
If distance from home town is your priority, then decide accordingly.
Imo, these colleges are very administration driven and a bad one can literally break a college (as has happened with NLUJ, NLIU and even NUJS in the past).
Regarding your preference between the two, I would say campus life is better at NLUJ but the opportunities at NUJS are probably marginally better. However, since you will graduate in 2029 if you need up in any of these colleges, I would bet on NLUJ just because Dr. Kaur has done great work at NLUD previously.
I had decided to put NUJS above NLUJ, but recently got to know that NLUJ is getting a new VC. Would that make a difference given the fact that my reason for choosing NUJS was it's more liberal and free environment?
This post is in no way meant to look down on either of these prestigious institutions, just a way for me to make the best decision.
Thank you!