Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
Is IIULER Goa good? They charge as much as Jindal. Is it worth the money? Anyone studying in IIULER share experiences.

Also it's run by Bar Council of India which is an extremely incompetent body.
there was blatant interference and rumoured pressure to favour certain candidates
What's the tea behind Srividya's resignation? Barely got any coverage.
heard from a friend of a friend of the person concerned (so please take with a bit of apprehension), she was told that her working style did not match with the vision of the university founders. Specifically, it was about recruitment standards, she did not want to dilute it while the founders wanted to get whatever is available and start. There were also differences on the workload and publishing standards, along with start of the session. The founders wanted more appreciation of their hard work in the setting up of the institution.
There were also some questionable financial decisions that she had been asked to sign off on, which she straight forward refused. That's the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Venky on the other hand can make most things happen and willing to work out a compromise with almost anyone.
Wow. BCI lords actually thought a reputed academic with a tenured position in the US would be amenable to their shadiness?
TBH, several academics similarly placed might have. But BCI can't recognise the concept of integrity, it's alien to them. SR was a different bottle of feni.
She had differences of opinion about the future vision of the institution, she wanted IIULER to be a law school in the NLSIU/NLUD model whereas the founders wanted a JGLS/SLS style school.
You mean the opposite, right? Because the faculty recruitment after her departure has been worse than even T-3 NLUs. Also, what is the NLSIU/NLU-D model? NLSIU is just poor JGLS at this point.
What's the difference between the current NLSIU model and the JGLS model?
Bilkul nhi, dont ever go to such institution who have such exorbitant fee for such course where whole profession itself pays peanuts barring some top law firms where pay is high but the pay hasn't beem revised since 2015-16s. For legal profession such high fees is not worth it. In the end one has to study on its own. I don't want to dissuade you but reality is harsh my friend in this law profession
BCI is a trash organisation. Just imagine how it would run this law school. It will he horrible. They can't even do core functions properly.

Paying Jindal fees for this shit ain't worth it.

Jindal, Ashoka, BITS can't be equated.
Unfortunately/fortunately not everyone is Menon or Mishra, different time different people.
BCI had zero involvement in decision making for NLSIU at that time. Nobody had the guts to suggest to Menon anything underhanded or shady.
From your comments you seem to be some troll hired by JGLS or someone from within JGLS ! It is very apparent! Don't do this kind of activity. Just like Jindal, IIULER students too come from rich backgrounds and, just like Jindal, they also do not require a 'naukri' only! Also, if you think BCI is a trash organisation merely because it has setup IIULER to compete with JGLS and NLUs then you must either leave legal profession or leave India or join and change BCI! ........and how do you know that BCI had no role to play in setting up or running NLSIU?
To answer your last question, anyone who is or has been on speaking terms with the founders like Menon, Mitra et al would know that, it isn't exactly a state secret. You clearly know nothing about NLSIU.

As for IILUER, Jindal charges same fees and incurs greater expenses. They have bigger campus, better facilities and pays faculty a lot more. BCI isn't doing any of that in Goa. It's a sham place meant for squeezing money.
Your answer proves you are Jindal person! This is called art of cross examination! Go figure! Be happy with whatever you have and whatever you want to do in life! Don't be jealous of others! This will not take you anywhere but towards deep depression! GOD and BCI are watching you!
Lol! The closest that I've been to Sonepat is flying over it probably. However, your comment and random punctuation clearly indicate you are firmly with BCI and their money laundering Goa tool.
This is an NLS alum. Not a Jindal guy I think. Old NLS guys know Menon and Mitra. And what he says is all true.
hmm...I doubt an NLS alum would have so much free time to be so possessive about JGLS ;-)) I also knew Menon and Mitra personally and they never had any such kind of negativity! Mitra is in fact on advisory board of IIULER from BCI side!
You need to check your comprehension skills if you think he was being possessive about JGLS. He simply said that their expenses may justify the higher fees better than iiluer does. As for menon and mitra, they were discussed in terms of knowing that BCI didn't have any say in the functioning of NLSIU, which you are now trying to use in a different context to suit your narrative. It's clear that you are an iiluer insider, who does not really have any justification for the appalling fees charged and are being forced by your position to defend the indefensible.
If u are so concerned with IIULER fees, then why don't you move police or court? it will help the students!
Do you even know anything about law? Charging disproportionate fees and making profit is not anything illegal! Moreover, only students paying such fees would have any locus to issue such a legal challenge.
Because he said so in his comment, genius! Apt comprehension ability for a BCI Fan.
I recently passed their examination.....and am being offered scholarship too. I've received a mail stating to get admission......can anyone please tell if it's worth it?
Never. Not worth it. Do law lowest to lowest in HNLU otherwise don't do law. The non-NLUs worth attending are: JGLS, SLS-P, GLC Mumbai, ILS Pune. That's it. Don't squander money on a deficient education that you will regret.
A 153-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.