Read 50 comments as:
Filter By
I 100% agree, but sometimes people don't have a choice....Think about it...fresh out of law school, getting an offer (probably the only offer) from a so called T1. Why would I not take it?
Mods, this shouldn't be marked as "trollish". It's a funny yet not offensive post!
Are you talking about 2022 batch GNLU grads? They resigned because they had other plans in life and not because of any toxicity
Interfering to say that sometimes people have to make other plans in life DUE TO THE TOXICITY. A well treated and respected person would like to stay in the organization that treats it like that.
Bhai, kisi ko replacement chaiye toh batao, I will do whatever you say
@LI team, You cannot give more publicity to these threads than they deserve. Mark this entire thread as trollish.
Hi CAM HR, I love how you never help associates or interns when they need help, but are quick to defend your super unethical and toxic culture here so shamelessly. Also the shameless mods who are sucking upto CAM PR and marking threads and comments as trollish when they really are the literal truth and can be authenticated via linkedin.
While I share the same disdain with these firms particularly for their extremely unethical practiced as I addressed separately to the HR, the actions you have mentioned are not relevant to this, and are commonplace in the management of all law firms, companies government departments worldwide. Once they begin to get some semblance of power, their immediate reaction is to put others and their own employees down with impunity and the incompetent police is also to blame for everything happening to the worst and then being covered by media, when a lot could be prevented earlier.

I think we should focus on the individual depravity of this firm, in the way it creates a holocaust for its associates to be gassed everyday. In the worst times during covid, the management displayed extreme apathy and ruthlessness. Their work drafts are very questionable and any corporate institution needing their work done will not approach this firm unless there is something underhand to be done. Most people in the fraternity denote it in that light after the raids . Their partners have copied off drafts from sister firms and created legal opinions. Just read THE Memo. They created a marriage alliance with a client and even created a whole building doing work exclusive to that client. They are so desperate for clients at all levels in most practices.

Also in hiring practices, they create a mirage of meritocracy by selecting the creamier cream of the top NLUs but then offer PPOs to the sons and daughters of the surnames we hear everyday, mostly aligned with the present ruling dispensation. They have literally told the last batch interns that they need not expect PPOs, at the END of their internship tenures and sent them off with a 10k excuse of a fair pay.

So this Dussehra, dear students, beware of such firms. They play with your emotions with glamour and fabulous marketing and then make you wage slaves behind a surname that only the daddy deserved and the kids have ripped apart. Read between the lines. When you intern, look at how they treat their associates, clerks etc. Read those nationwide emails sent. See the language. Is 14.4 lpa worth it for that? You are a batch topper! You can join much better firms with much better pay.

Regards and Dussehra wishes,

Lawfirm anonymous.

This comment makes no allegation nor refers to any specific corporate body or law firm. Any such references are purely fictional (like your sanity after working here.)
Bhai internship accept kare tab na. SnR aur TTA bhi confirm karte hai par 14.4 wale jp morgan jaisa talva dikhate hai
Appreciate the response and the way you have put things across, but what are these "better firms" you refer to? I hear from first person accounts that's the case everywhere.
No it's not, by a mile. Try working with TT&A, S&R, Trilegal (not that team), many SAM teams and im sure many others
It's same across offices of various Law Firms. I literally don't know if any law firm treats you as a human or not.

Don't know why they give unrealistic deadlines to Client?
bro the clients give them deadlines not the other way round. Yes some partners further cut it short, but companies these days know that and already give very short deadlines and negotiate on bills instead
If CAM is so bad, and it's written about so much on this platform- which is mostly inhibited by college students these days (or at the least accessable), why do you sit for the interview ? Save yourself right then?!

Or that you all just want to whine and are snowflakes to deal with real life?

Too much work is toxic? Lol