Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Slated to intern with AZB Mumbai soon, desperately want to intern with one of these two teams. Any idea about the work and the people (partners/snr asso/asso) ?
Interned with the ND’s team. The associates are super nice and chill. Did not work with the partners at all but SS and AS were very sweet and forthcoming.
SS, hands down the best partner there is. Humble, smart, compassionate, AZB really lucked out.
So glad to finally see AS getting his recognition. Interned here and had AS as my buddy and was initiallybummedabout not getting SS, given the raving reviews about him here). NO REGRETS because AS is truly a hidden gem, extremely intellectual and seeing his work rapport, really the most chill partner out there.
Agree, while AS was not my buddy and I did not get a direct opportunity to work with him, I saw how he treated the associates in the team. He came across as approachable, helpful, smart and everyone seemed to enjoyed working with him. Even my co-intern who had him as their buddy partner had nothing but praises for him.
Worked with Avi in Luthra. One of the best mentors and seniors. Glad he’s getting his recognition here!
Amazing Team - Amazing partners and associates. A lot of work is their but it never gets toxic. It is a small 20 odd member team.
God save you if you’re in the banking team- scary place to be at from my co intern’s experiences. Not taking any names.

On the other hand ND’s team is one of the best places to intern if you want to make a career in debt and insolvency. Unlike other places, this team genuinely appreciates your inputs and values your opinions. Had a very good working experience with almost all associates.

The downsides: Found the interaction with the partners to be limited + there’s this one senior associate in the team I did not have the best experience with, found him to be a little too entitled and annoying lol.
Do the teams offer PPOs or do they recruit only through day zero/lateral hiring?
Have heard good things about AS from an associate who has been at the team for almost 2 years - great for a solid learning experience.
A very flat team and completely uncharacteristic of what a normal AZB team would be like. Absolutely no toxicity with the exception of one SA. Would also like to add that AMS is also a great partner and the associates seem to have a great time working with her.
Avi's team has amazing buddies - kp,pm, hg,rm,jk . Who take out time and explain the proposition and the assignment in general. They give proper inputs on the work done and constructive feedback. It's an amazing learning experience and fun to intern with this team! As I have heard from other interns the team is inclusive and takes interns along for team outings
I know 3 people from my college who are at AZB. A mix of multiple experiences thus. On a comparative scale of their experiences in the M&A, competition and restructuring team, I can vouch that my senior in the restructuring team has only positive things to say about the team and work. His partners seem to look out for their associates and have a great rapport with the team. He seems to have good work/life balance too. I would suggest you make the most out of your internship because this is one of the very few non toxic teams in the Tier 1 spectrum from what I know.
Recently interned with the team, work exposure is just amazing and all associates and partners are extremely sweet and helpful.
A 5-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.