Read 234 comments as:
Filter By
Let’s keep it civil and let’s bring back the fun banter for predictions in LI once again with utmost positivity.

Will this be the year of the dominant T-1 or will we see a gradual rise of underrated colleges from the Indian subcontinent?
Ofc. After all no one plays better than Kohli. NLS will still lead by miles.
Arey what is this comment ya? NLSIU Bengalore has 25 Rhodes scholars while Nujs has barely around 4. Stop using this decade logic. By that logic NLSIU’s academic reputation triumphs the entire Nujs with just a slight touch.
I always say this respectfully but Nujs first needs to counter the wave of nalsar and nlu Delhi and that applies in Rhodes as well. They should think before commenting anything against NLS like this.
Ikr! Surprised Nujs is taking so long but again can’t blame since the processing may take a hit of time :(
Okay Abdul Kalam Sir , kindly give out tips as to how an institute can be improved

And as for your counter , there isn’t any. So I ain’t even gonna justify your bs trolling until you give me a good argument. No wonder you lack the attention to read even basic stuff
Why you noojies are so jealous of NLS’s success. First defeat nalsar and nlu Delhi then come after us
It is clear that the new NLS students lack the ability to read and understand. Otherwise they wouldn't have attacked a comment that is actually speaking in their favour.
Are GNLU and NALSAR topping the Rhodes leaderboard for the past 5/10 years? Anyone keeping count?
Nalsar is having a Rhodes drought for quite a few years now :(
You do know DU CLC folks (3 year course) have won Rhodes before right?
Many a times in fact. Not sure about the exact number, but would certainly rank high considering that they have been around for so long, predating all NLUs.
Let’s see. Everyone is saying that it’s NLS’s year this time. I don’t see how. I mean they are behind this year even with alumni support.

Maybe the upcoming batch will pull some momentum.

For now I am divided between NLU Delhi and GNLU
Good job explaining. Also nlu Delhi had favourable domestic offers as well :)
Rhodes sought after hona bhi chayiye. It’s prestigious and determines (to an extent) how good a student academically is
NUJS did not have any more tier 2 offers than any other law school. You should rely upon official placement data instead of rumours.
And how do you know about other schools? Lemme guess from your self-audited placement reports by your SeNiOrS filled with blatant lies
Bhai, we at least release our placement reports. Why don't you point out any inaccuracy in those if you know that much? Unlike most NLUs that give out either fake data that's been proven or have just stopped giving out data for years.
‘No university gives its placement to NIRF’??? Why this comment isn’t contested yet lmao. At least other nlus don’t launch self audited inflated reports. Your placement cell is overrated and it’s time you accept that
Whoaa.... just 1 for NALSAR??? Duuuude.... So how come they have do much attitude ???
Lol no. Historically nalsar has quite a few more TCs compared to NLUJ and Nujs
So y’all planning to bag the Rhodes this year too? Or next year?

Kinda confused as you think it’s not a high bar to beat and yet there is only one….
I'm talking about being better than NLUO and RGNUL. Both those places aren't some great institutions by any stretch of imagination. No offense intended, but that's a fact.
That’s why everyone is going bonkers. The fever is pretty high. And a lot of nlsiu folks applied this year as well!
Just as the above comment mentioned plus a large pool of applications are getting inclined towards the prestige as penetration is increasing!
That’s it’s true. NUALS isn’t any way less effective than them.
NUALS has proven its worth time and again. No cap. Much better than nlu o
Are you sure this is accurate? I thought Law School is #1 and not #2. Can you share the names of the NUJS people? In any case, Law School's lead is still too huge to be overtaken.
This is for the last ten years. Overall nlsiu leads each and every law school by miles!
Lol your argument depicts so many fallacies. Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it willl get Rhodes THAT easily. It had to compete and NLS became NLS after dominating , not by wasting time explaining :)
Why are you wasting your time in that fashion then? Please go away and dominate your dominion.
Very accurate. I know the names of every individual too. If you need the names for NUJS, those are Amba Kak, Gauri Pillai, Mihika Poddar and Adrija (forgot the surname, but she's a Bong).
The three from NLSIU as mentioned would be Raag Yadav, Mansi Sood and Vanshaj Jain.
Realistically speaking - those three are doing really well! NLSIU does churn out good graduates
Yes, they are. As are two of the NUJS students mentioned here. The other two are still studying of course. As it is, all Rhodes applicants are very bright students. The ones who get it are exceptional indeed.
All 4 are girls. So it shows that either NUJS boys don't study as hard as girls, or that Rhodes prefers girls.
Even the 5th NUJS Rhodes scholar was a girl, Shivani from 2006 batch.
NLSIU did not have the ‘worst’ year. The placements were same as any other law school in the Tier-1 bridge.
Lol. If that's what consoles you. Incidentally, when did NLSIU last dare to release the full placement stats for a batch?
NLS doesn't release stats regardless of performance. While this year was bad, last year was really good, and NLS didn't release stats either year.
Idk about you, but I'm a current fifth year at NLS. LI is after all mostly anons disclosing stuff in good faith.
Disclose the placement stats in good faith then, for the batch of 2023 at least.
A lot of students (especially toppers and convenors) from T-2/3 NLU will also be competing. Let’s see who breaks into the qualifying rounds.
And in 2019. And in 2017. And in 2013. In the last 10 years, NUJS has seen 4 Rhodes scholars.
In this decade (2020s), yes. But then, that's more than any other Indian law school did.
Lol tell them to first find a proper tier-3 law firm job at home
Maybe IIT KGP or NLSIU. My money is on NLU Delhi as well. After their project 39A and its presentation worldwide, Rhodes trust has been positively vigilant of NLUD’s achievements.
This is true. This information was conveyed to me by Mr. John Rhodes, the CEO of Rhodes Scholarship.
Lie detected. Everyone knows the CEO of Rhodes Scholarship is Mr. Tom Rhodes.
Definitely not NLUO. I don’t mean to be trollish but some students lack innovation in academia there. Others are too busy running after T-2 Firm offers.
I like how everyone is underestimating Nujs. We won the last Rhodes if y’all remember correctly from the NLU bandwidth.
no offence but the current 5th year nls batch isnt the brightest - some good people but not rhodes level exceptional. the next batch definitely merits mutiple
Quite difficult who will actually win it. Maybe not a single nlu alumni or student at all!

Fingers crossed for NLU Delhi tho. They deserve it. Same goes for NLSIU
Why do these two places deserve it while others don't? What a random comment! It's not that these two are any special compared to the others, regardless of what trolls claim.
Lol, none of the last three law students who won Rhodes fulfill any of these criteria other than the GPA bit.
One fact is absolutely true. Nobody who spends time on LI gossiping will ever win a Rhodes.
I have a hunch. Maybe this year in fact belongs to NLUJ. Their TC record is amazing. So maybe they have cracked the foreign code somehow. Let’s wait and watch
What's their TC record? Genuinely asking. I keep seeing references to that here. How many TCs have they got in the last 5 years, can anyone tell accurately?
Was asking for a longer record if possible, which would help discern a trend. Maybe last 3 or 5 years? TIA.
So what do you think an accurate figure is? Seriously asking as apparently you seem to know what’s ‘accurate’ and what’s not?
8 in the last 3 years. This year's is yet to be finalised and it is 4 as on date. I am an insider who has got the stats and am very proud of my alma for this amazing feat.
Wow dude that’s great. Not the OP here of the original ‘NLUJ TC’ comment but how did your college improve so much? Is it the GPA or just a good CV?

Well done!
Is this NLS’s year? Who knows! But maybe the alumni is infact working hard.
The question is why? They don't have enough faith on the quality legal education that NLSIU provides any more? No other law school alum in India lobby like that for an individual scholarship.
Saying it honestly as you asked for. I've known Rhodes scholars from other NLUs. They have been guided by their alumni, yes. However, the latter never try to exert their influence behind the scene for something like this. Doing so is reprehensible.
An alum is charging because that’s NLS. Our alumni has worked hard enough for years to become the best. Don’t blame us for being excellent.
bas aap hi excellent hain sir, hum toh aise hi exist karte hain bas.
Mark my words and lock this comment: It will go to an NLSIU student this time. Huge lobbying by alumni has taken place
That might be the case. If it happens, it's unfortunate that the scholar, who would doubtless be exceptional in their own right, might still be seen to have made it due to the lobbying rather than on merit, for no fault of their own.
This seems like the fastest growing thread in LI lol. Came here morning , checked 60 replies and now there are more than 85 Dyam. Rhodes Thread has always been popular at LI
That's because Indians are great at talking about/deriding other people's achievements that are way beyond themselves in reality.
Most comments are just nonsensical, tbh. Popular, maybe. Well informed, no.
Let’s just say that they are fun but some predictions are horrible 😂

My money is in NLSIU tho
Now toh it has gone above 100 😂

The Rhodes fever is not ending soon
Maybe NLS. They had a bad year in placements but Rhodes can justify their greatness again.
Bruh Rhodes covers soooooo manyyy things from expenses to flight fares 😭😭🤌. Itna Accha luck hein nehi mera
Ofc being a Rhodes recipient is just like a dream come true. Unfortunately very few people get it. Keep working hard :)
yall wait for nls batch of '26 - manhar bansal, kartik kalra, shruti jain, siddhant pengoriya, ananya tangri, ofc rushil batra, nidhi agrawal etc - it's gonna reach unseen heights
The problem is that Manhar is academically more polished than Kalra. So you know Rhodes will prefer the former more
it's slightly concerning that anyone would know this? GPAs and ranks are never announced in NLSIU.
"don't see anything that special." Quite surprising, they've all achieved quite a lot (finalists in vis east, great academics, SCOPUS publishing etc). Haven't seen many other third years achieve anything like this commonly.
Didn't know about SCOPUS, that's cool. Vis though idk how much that matters
Nah being from nalsar I gotta say that the batch is genuinely talented
SCOPUS tag alone doesn't matter. Depends on the journal. Plenty of useless journals end up getting that indexation these days, including fake ones.
And these articles are actually good. Like superior to the ones we usually see. I am assuming some of these people will be applying for Rhodes. One of them has a chance
well, if you check out the publications by Kartik, Manhar, Sukarm, Priyansh etc. they're all at Oxford/Colombia Journals. So yeah, this is not just a 'SCOPUS tag', but quality journals.
Yes, that's the point that I was making. That's what makes these publications reputed, not the SCOPUS indexation.
The batch of 23 in GNLU showed some exceptional spark - so maybe them?
The selection committee must take grade inflation into account. It's vert hard to score high at NLSIU but it's well-known that certain NLUs hand out high grades very easily.
Exactly. Maybe that’s why nlsiu has not been receiving any grades for the last few years. This is very unfair. We should not blame the students.
Yes indeed. Otherwise a student with batch rank 180 is much superior in intellect from any of the top 10 rankers from other NLUs. Everyone knows that.
This year is record breaking because everyone from every law college (almost) applied.
Yeap. The pool of applicant is more this year. So the competition will be more intense.
Maybe the increasing penetration of Rhodes prestige into each and every law school. Also the tendency to leave india for a brilliant scholarship can level up your academic hype in the market. Plus loads of other reasons
Tell initials. AG's rank is not great otherwise he'd be a contender. KJ if she applied. CS from 2023 batch if she applied too.
I guess GNLU? Some potential is there in the current NLS batch as well
After Rhodes we should have a thing on Gates Cambridge fellowship as well!
Nowhere near as competitive as Rhodes. Chevening, Inlacs and Fulbright for early level grads may come close, but not the same.
It’s time nalsar gets one. A lot of time has passed yet nalsar is lagging in terms of good scholarships. Hamesha placements se toh kaam nehi chalega
You know very few people can afford the success of Rhodes that follows after. Tbh Raag Yadava and Tarunabh ▮▮▮ are two of those people. NLS deserves it. It deserves it more than anything now
Tarunabh ▮▮▮? Typo? Or has he written any article support Khalistan, Pakistan etc?
I regularly follow Professor Tarunabh’s articles. I don’t think he has written anything based on ▮▮▮ in recent times.

I guess it’s a typo.
The comments were outright trollish. A general comparison between two individuals should not involve demeaning hard-earned achievements :)
I don't see outright trollish comments deleted on a regular basis on this forum by you following publication. You even mark comments including outright abuses as merely trollish. Why this double standard exactly?
Has anyone heard back yet? Any idea by when will they release first round results? I'm getting anxious.
Rhodes isn't about the institution, but the individual.

The sooner you guys realise this, the less time you will spend on this inane thread.
Love how this thread evolved from a 'civil' discussion on Rhodes to the NLS peoples' own backyard for settling scores and pushing their own agenda - the batch of '26 is surely gifted in PR!
Well since this is already one of the most successful LI threads- new updates include elimination of GNLU candidates.

NLS (I hope, don’t know for sure) remains in the race,
The shortlisted guy has also been eliminated? Please elaborate
Yes, NLSIU is the hot favourite now. The drought is ending for sure.
A 11-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 120-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.