Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Awesome ! I should do a PhD under him. Can I do a PhD under him ? Does anyone even know which area he focuses on in international law ? Will being his PhD candidate guarantee me a ticket for the 2029 elections ?
true. The previous members were all experienced lawyers and/or academicians...No disrespect to Aniruddha but he was so young when he was appointed! These circumstances are bound to make any one dig more to find out the truth.
Mods why has this comment even been allowed? And also not marked as trollish?
I think most of the criticism here is directed towards his UN position, not the Visiting position. There, it was really a bad decision, RW or not. He was not in the same league as others who had been nominated to that post earlier.
Yes reserving for the upper castes with thousands of years of privilege.
Even among the government lackeys, he was not the most qualified person. In fact, his lack of qualification was rather stark at that time. I refer to the UN position of course, not this irrelevant visiting position. Anyone can be made DVP.
fair point, but in India the "most qualified" person rarely gets the job. Any place where the government has a hand, it favors its lackeys, and this is regardless of ideology or party. That, and the reservation policy.
In this case, Rajput was not the most qualified person for the job. That's the point.
If someone gave me an option to choose between a well qualified and competent right wing professor and a mediocre left wing professor- I would choose the former any day.
Future ASG or Law Minister or SC judge, alongside J Sai Deepak πŸͺ·πŸ›•πŸ©³
Has strong RSS connections and also gave speeches at certain events directly or indirectly linked to the Sangh. But he's a decent guy and does decent work. No doubt got the edge from political patronage.
Aniruddha is a good man. Quite well versed in international law. I don't think political ideologies should be upped everywhere and everytime.