Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Is capital markets as an area of practice good enough right after law school? And is there anything that would set me apart from the rest while getting selected at cap markets tier1 internship?
Boutiques - Rajani, Crawford Bayley, SNG

Tier 2s - Saraf, L&L, Bharucha

Tier 1s - SAM, KCO, AZB, Trilegal

Gold Standard - IndusLaw, CAM, S&R
L&l what... they haven't done a single ipo in the recent ipo rush. Saraf and azb have and both are tier 2.

Also trilegal is also tier 2.
IPO is not the sole criterion for a good CM team; QIPs and Offers of Sale also count you dummy.
Yes barring IPOs, QIPs, OFS - even REIT/INVIT fundraising, NCD issuances and AIF advisory work sometimes trickles down to Capital Markets teams.
Even I'll agree because I haven't seen any big transaction with Luthra's name on it in recent 2 years..
So it's harder to get ppos in these teams right. I've recently interned at sam cm mumbai, someone working pls tell me what's the sign for callback/ ppo?
Nope. Both have star leading partners but CAM has a more seasoned team imo. Indus is also great but very top dependent even if not top heavy.
Exactly, CAM is way better. Indus just has a battery of lawyers in 1 practice which ensures faster turnaround time and bulk mandates. CAM's deals are headliners and top quality. But again, Indus is a strong number 2 spot and no other firm comes close to it as far as ECM is concerned. Thus, I feel - CAM > Indus > S&R/SAM > KCO > JSA > AZB/Tri > Rajani > Saraf > SNG > Crawford > B&P/L&L.
What's with the new craze for capital markets? A while ago it was hated by all and every firm saw huge attrition
This is what I was wondering too. Never mind, let them get into such teams, the work is very ungrateful and will eat them down day after day. Fir idhar aake wapas anti CM threads banaayenge yehi log.
β€œHere's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

― Steve Jobs
A 30-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.