Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
A 30-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Nope. Both have star leading partners but CAM has a more seasoned team imo. Indus is also great but very top dependent even if not top heavy.
Even I'll agree because I haven't seen any big transaction with Luthra's name on it in recent 2 years..
This is what I was wondering too. Never mind, let them get into such teams, the work is very ungrateful and will eat them down day after day. Fir idhar aake wapas anti CM threads banaayenge yehi log.
What's with the new craze for capital markets? A while ago it was hated by all and every firm saw huge attrition
Yes barring IPOs, QIPs, OFS - even REIT/INVIT fundraising, NCD issuances and AIF advisory work sometimes trickles down to Capital Markets teams.
IPO is not the sole criterion for a good CM team; QIPs and Offers of Sale also count you dummy.
So it's harder to get ppos in these teams right. I've recently interned at sam cm mumbai, someone working pls tell me what's the sign for callback/ ppo?
L&l what... they haven't done a single ipo in the recent ipo rush. Saraf and azb have and both are tier 2.

Also trilegal is also tier 2.
Boutiques - Rajani, Crawford Bayley, SNG

Tier 2s - Saraf, L&L, Bharucha

Tier 1s - SAM, KCO, AZB, Trilegal

Gold Standard - IndusLaw, CAM, S&R
Is capital markets as an area of practice good enough right after law school? And is there anything that would set me apart from the rest while getting selected at cap markets tier1 internship?