We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
In 2023, out of 12 seats available in LAW at RMLNLU,
11 students were Alumni of RMLNLU (including B.A.LL.B. and LL.M.) and remaining was a guy from Lucknow University who was serving there as a GUEST FACULTY.
This policy has lowered the standards of RMLNLU and it will further go down with time.
No on campus placements, full on political recruitments, alumni quota and ji huzoori in Ph.D. will take down RMLNLU with time.
There is no going up.
You might blame policy or make unsubstantiated attacks about political recruitments or alumni quota.
But there is no such thing, university has no discretion in LLM admissions but every year 15-20/23 people in the batch are alumni.
Those who graduate from rml, love it's laid back curriculum and the opportunity it provides them to pursue and prepare for careers in Judiciary or Civil services. So, they obviously put it as their 1st choice and because their competition is from state colleges and low ranking private universities they usually are the better candidate. (It would be different if alumni from NLS/NALSAR/NUJS/NLUD applied for it and were rejected over an RML alumni, but it's not the case.)
You might say there is no going up, but it's fine as it is, rml is never going to become NLS, but it's fine as it is, there can be improvements for sure and there should be but the fact is those who wanna go corporate- get a chance, those who wanna try judiciary- get a chance, same for PSUs, acadmeia and UPSC.
It's not the best, but you're just taking out your frustrations on not getting selected by blaming ji-huzoori and politics and what not.
All the best.
Anyway, seems like someone who got selected is trying to defend their legitimacy.
You had no proof, your allegation was based on one thing alone and that is "because all those who got admission are alumni, there must be something wrong."
I talked About LLM because, unlike phd their is no scope of discretion there and yet it is filled with RML alumni, many of my friends who put RML in 1st preference but didn't get it are pursuing LLM from NALSAR and NLU Jodhpur.
I looked at the Phd list, I recognized 5/12 people, So I'm not sure about your claim that all of them are alumnus, and assuming that they are, at least half of them didn't get their LLM degree from RML and most of them graduated in year 2016-2021.
I am not a PhD candidate and I really don't see the point of defending anything on a rant thread of a man child who can't believe he is not good enough so he decided to smear the institution. Also I know that State University or low ranking private college comment hit hard to home, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling.
That long a reply to such small a comment?!
I guess someone is hurt badly and hiding their selection in Ph.D. too.
Wow, Multi Tasker.
Shows your common sense, kiddo.
Btw, this RML person recognised 5/12 people, is she/he the caretaker of records that the recognition can be relied upon?!! lol, just saying.
When you live in a residential university, you end up knowing people, and it turns out my assumption that you are from some local State University or low ranking private college was true.
As I said I'm not a PhD candidate, so I don't need to defend anything, especially to some underachiever, who couldn't secure admission to a good college not once, not twice but thrice.
Yes I know rml is a State University, I am also aware all NLUs are State Universities, turns out you are equally unable to read between the lines and the lines actual lines.
Over achiever and free time go hand in hand, didn't know that.
Okay Ms./Mr. FREE,
Don't waste my time. Go and study for your course work, RML Ph.D. candidate π
Tata
Lot bigger library resources than RML.
You might be free, but I am not.
So bye, Ph.D. Selected candidate, Tada.