Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
Got NUSRL, left, joined JMI.

I don't regret. I, anyway will litigate.

Placement wise, RML is better. You can grab PPO here as well. No placement scene tough.

Attempt 2024, better if you could secure top 3.

Good luck buddy, and a very warm welcome to Jamia, have fun ;)

Note - Go through LI's threads on placement scenes of the NLUs this year.
No one regrets leaving nusrl for anything nowadays. The placements between JMI and NUSRL (the internal politics is just too much) don’t have much difference anyway.

And if giving clat is the primary aim , then any college will do.

Even CNLU is doing better than nusrl nowadays. The new VC doesn’t seem very promising.
I am not here to say whether NLUD or NALSAR is better. That is subjective, and to each their own.

But to say that NLUD is tier-2 only speaks of your own insecurity, and how out-of-touch from reality you are.
NLUD is still around? They have just lost their only good professor and Registrar to NLUJ. Anoop and Danny are the only two decent faculty left. The job scene was terrible this year, even worse than usual.
Lol, that professor is still on the books of NLUD, just like Arul and SKD (not that he’s any good). So they’ll be back eventually. We actually have permanent professors unlike NLUJ. And don’t waste time with NIRF nonsense, we’re way above it.
First, we still have AK Rai. Second, jobs will get back to normal soon and once our grads become partners. Same thing that happened at GNLU will happen, ie higher placements. But nice to see the trolls wishing us ill, it’ll make it all the more satisfying when we make you stuff it.
Yep, NLUD sucks man, please don't come here.

It's not like our alumni are doing extremely well across the world, we have a solid image before all T1 firms, and we are doing better than almost all colleges in terms of governmental services and research.

Surprisingly, most people I've met from top colleges think of NLUD as a "T1", so I wonder who these LI trolls are who keep downvoting every NLUD achievement and upvoting anything against NLUD. My boss was someone from NLS, and he told me that one reason I was hired was because I was from a "top law school".
better than NALSAR how, NALSAR literally was less by 0.1 points in NIRF 2023. Location is the only aspect I consider the same, if anything NALSAR has a better alum base. Let both of them be.
Can anyone please tell me what should we study in legal and english for Jamia and Gk as well, like what should be the strategy and sources to refer???
Bro never go by rankings. By that logic as per QS rankings Jindal is better than NLS, as per NIRF IIT Chennai is better than IIT Bombay, as per NIRF NLU D is better than NALSAR. All three are false. The only rankings that matter is industry perception and placements. The industry thinks IIT Bombay is number 1 and so naturally they have the best placement amongst all IITs.
Bhai. Kaun RML leave karke jamia aata hein bro. Clat dena hi tha toh RML se dedeta. Poor decision. As someone mentioned leaving nusrl is justified but RML.
Some of my mates have left NLUs like RML, HNLU, CNLU, Assam, Kochi etc. and came to Jamia.

RML is not doing great either. Average.
No one in their right mind would leave HNLU for Jamia. Get a grip on reality
One big advantage of colleges like Jamia and Aligarh Muslim University is that they don't care about attendance, and in fact encourage the students to stay at home and prepare for the UPSC. Exams are very easy too. So if you want to give the UPSC exam, Jamia is a better option because any NLU will mean a lot of work and regular attendance.

P.S. I am speaking from knowledge. My good friend left a tier 3 NLU for AMU for this reason and eventually made it to a government service.
No, you are not speaking from knowledge you are speaking without knowing anything at all.

I graduated from RML, you could clear most of the papers if you have solved PYQs.

Now i won't talk about UPSC because comparing a multi-degree university with a law college would be unfair but the results for judicial service exams speak for themselves. There were around 25 people who qualified for it, who i personally know from rmlnlu.

Placement scene is not good but around a dozen got in Tier 1 firms (mostly through PPOs)

and around 25 got in tier 2 firms, regulatory companies etc.

Also i don't get this issue with regular attendance, it would make sense if one was doing master's as a backup and preparing for a govt. exam by side, but 12th pass students should go to classes, it will help them academically, mentally and socially.

I mean you have already paid the fee, if you don't go to classes you're either doing online coaching or just wasting 5 years of your life doing nothing.
attach your LinkedIn id here and i will personally send you list of all those folks who got placed from my batch.
Just link me to any report of the university or LinkedIn posts. I will believe you
I even left jamia for another t2 nlu. There are various people who left jamia as corp ka kam exposure even toh running would immensely help in jamia but nlu name work
RMLNLU is far better than Jamia. RML is good for preparing for judiciary. Even good for learning litigation skills.
BRO NEVER DECIDE YOUR LAW SCHOOL AS PER NIRF. FOR EG IF YOU FOLLOWED NIRF 2021 YOU WILL END UP PICKING NLUD AND SYMBI OVER NALSAR. AS LONG AS CORPORATE PLACEMENTS IS YOUR GOAL. JUST DO AN INDEPENDENT STUDY OF LAST 5 YEARS PLACEMENT RECORDS OF ANY LAW SCHOOL. TRY SPEAKING TO ALUMS AND INDUSTRY PEOPLE LIKE HIT SOMEONE UP ON LINKEDIN. I ENDED UP SPEAKING TWO A COUPLE OF PARTNERS AND SOME ASSOCIATES BEFORE I FILLED UP MY CLAT AND OTHER ENTRANCE FORMS. I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME, RATHER THAN FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF DIMWIT NIRF NARCISSISTS HERE. EVEN IF YOU FOLLOW THE LAST THREE YEARS THRED ON NIRF ON THIS WEBSITE YOU WILL FIND THERE IS A NEAR UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT EVEN IN LAW SCHOOL LOBBIES THAT NIRF AS BOGUS AS THE WORD BOGUS GOES.
A 17-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 33-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.