Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
I've an interview scheduled this week. Can someone pls give me an honest review of the workplace, quality of work and clients as well as option for work from home.
The reviews at glassdoor says the work life balance is pathetic. It would be very helpful if an insider lurking here can shed some light.
Expect to work with top tier tech clients and good lawyers. It comes at a cost. Work hours are not the easiest but that varies from team to team. People are nice. and in my case I love the work. The firm is a tech boutique, so if you don't want to do tech work, don't join. The range of tech work at the firm though is quite wide.
It's pretty normal. Like any other law firm. You'll do more tech-focused things but that's because its the flavor of the decade. But even tech companies need POSH, employment, IP etc. support. So it's quite normal.
Contrary to what they present from their cheerful online presence, the reviews on glassdoor paint a very different picture.
Given my friend's firsthand experience, I urge you to exercise caution when considering employment here. I recommend a review of Glassdoor comments, focusing on attrition rates and internal politics.

The constant year-round hiring is a red flag, reflecting excessive work demands. My friend often worked late into the night, sacrificing weekends. Although remote work was once an option, its current status is uncertain.

Furthermore, my friend shared stories of colleagues leaving voluntarily or being terminated shortly after joining. These concerns should give you pause when contemplating a role at this organization.

However, as per Glassdoor they have a great roster of clients and the remuneration is on the higher end.
i don't know of any law firm that looks fantastic on with work-life balance bit. Some are better than the others and I think Ikigai Law is on the slightly better side of the spectrum. You work hard but will be treated with respect. And the quality / range of work and clients makes up for it in my case. The good thing with Ikigai is that it has a very high talent-density.
What is "talent density", and how do you say it is it better at Ikigai considering they pay less than T1 firms?
Lalaji, talent density could be a function of pay but there is no necessary correlation. Keeping that aside, Ikigai pay is fairly generous (and publicly available - its published).
If you are keen to do TMT work no better training ground. There is a lot of work and you will put in the hours. The alumni is at Google, Amazon, JP Morgan, Stanford and at the IT ministry and the experience is generally valued in the industry. I was there 18 months+ ago though...
Do not go to Ikigai lol. a couple of senior associates (who do zero work) will make your life hell. there's zero accountability for these people as well. while internal politics is a part and parcel of every law firm, at ikigai the associates are often thrown under the bus for mistakes that SAs do. that being said, they do have awesome clients and great exposure that you won't get at most places.
Having worked here I am pretty sure this language would have come from one of the partners. Now you can very well guess about the culture at the place.
The comment isn't factually wrong though. LI is a cesspool of depravity now.
This response helped me plan my internship better. No more falling for PR. Thanks
To be Frank, SAs are not that great. And nothing more yaar, just a bad place to work at. Avoid.
I am in my penultimate year. Few reasons to apply 1. smart talent pool. I had the chance to be a fly on the wall at office social events and while my work conversations were limited to seniors I worked with, I could tell that the average associate is well spoken, smart. 2. good work. the tech law chops at the firm are evident from the kind of work they get, clients and also the associates. i enjoyed work i got, and learnt a fair bit from my supervisor. now there was a reasonable amount of grunt work reserved for the interns as well- but i guess that is to expected at our level. 3. encouraging culture - i found my supervisor and the hr to be encouraging, connecting me to other seniors for work , etc. 4. credibility for tmt work . In my internship interview with another tmt practice, i was interviewed extensively over my work at Ikigai and I could see that it mattered, besides i had got decent exposure to take on these questions. All in all I would recommend.