Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
let's admit, nobody knows about t-1 firms t-2,3 to chod hee do. how to save on embarrassment when people say SA PA, ye kya hota hai, PA to assistant hota hai - partner kya hota hai? associate kya hota hai- t-1 konsi companies hai - really feel hopeless after putting so many years into the profession - this professional is not approved by aunties
Migrate to london and just say you’re a lawyer in london- aunties will become mouthshut.com
If you go to London not only will aunties become mouthshut.com, but they will also become shaadi.com and their eligible daughters will become tinder.com. Alternatively, if you stay in India, you can choose to work as a lawyer for Microsoft and Google rather than CAM and SAM. That has more prestige. In fact, in the long run, that's where you may want to work anyway, as law firms have such a high attrition rate.
Do aunties know about Goldman Sachs? Societe General? Citidel? Is brand awareness among aunties the criteria to define the status of the job?
hardly 0.1 percent successfully migrate. Why would one leave behind their family, friends life to be a 2nd class citizen in another country
Better to be a 2nd class citizen in a 1st world country than to be a 1st class citizen in a 3rd world country.
Law firms or Tier 1 law firms are not the be all and end all of the world.Thank heavens for that.And the common man runs from law firms like AZB,CAM,Trilegal.Tey see the Partners,PAs as scam artists.Even many a GC will tell you stories of how the law firms deliberately give wrong advice so that it could start and drag on a long litigation on matters that should have been settled and never gone to Court.
One firm you mention in the middle, definitely matches the allegations in the bottom. Thats the only way they make money
"Khaitan? Ohh the fan company?", said a relative upon hearing of my new job, as I realised the bubble we so called Tier-1 lawyers live in.
Once - KCO even received a legal notice addressed to Khaitan - the fan company
And surprisingly more people have heard of 'Amarchand' and 'Luthra'...
I come from a Tier 3 city. My entire neighbourhood thinks that I work for the fan company. I was once requested to get cheap quotes of fans for the colony's community centre, or if I could get fans directly shipped from the godown.

I let it be like this.
Ek to jab log kehte hai ki law firm? Ye kya hota hai. Company bol raha hai na? Tab to itna hurt hota hai na
The fact that you want ppl to continue thinking you work for a fan company instead of law firm says it all......(clap)(clap)
Yes, because it will take 8-10 days for me to explain what law firm is and why it is paying me so much... when other lawyers in neighbourhood earn in 4 figures
Maybe because litigation people are socially more relevant. Corp lawyers serve a very small bourgeoisie class and people don't give a crap if you acted in XYZ deal. Property wagera ke cases dekhte ho toh bataao?
Tell them your salary. Aunties will not only shut up but come up with marriage proposals.
Nopes.. only u think 20lpa is a crazy amount. Go to hyderabad at adobe etc
yep, people working fewer hours , having studied fewer years but making more
only u think they make a crazy amount, The inhand is really low, that's why they move abroad.
poochi kisine? t-1 me lawyers IAS se zada kamate honge but karle comparison society ki eyes me kon zada valuable resource hai. it will humble you.
Do you think T1 associates make more than IAS officers?! After accounting for total CTC including social security, pensions, housing, lifetime healthcare etc. you'd have to be a Partner (if you last that long) to make more money than a 'clean' civil servant (and almost no one in IPS, IRS is 'clean').

I have seen T1 partners running around delhi trying to find a decent school that'll give nursery admission to their kid while IAS officers get a red carpet to elite schools like sanskriti, sardar patel, dps rkp..
bhai ye zyada hogya. Partners at some tier 1s start at 1 cr, IAS officers cumulatively don't make that much.
PA at T1 make 50-70L, IAS can easily clear 30-40L after a few years. That's just cash. No need to buy life insurance, health insurance, pay rent, save less for retirement etc. Less lifestyle costs as well - no need to show the financially successful image by driving mercs, wearing tissots etc

IAS officers even at junior level get humble dwellings but in posh areas. A PA would spend half his salary just on rent to get a south mumbai/delhi apartment.
IAS will get 30 gross only after at least 8 years as per 7th CPC. I agree with the perks bit though.
When i got a job at trilegal, a relative asked me "is it spelt as TRYLEGAL?????" like what???
When I told a relative that I work for a law firm. He in turn told to everyone else, that 'I' have left legal practice and joined a private company ..... "usse ho nahi paayi vakalat".
A 4-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.