Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
IAS will get 30 gross only after at least 8 years as per 7th CPC. I agree with the perks bit though.
A 3-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
bhai ye zyada hogya. Partners at some tier 1s start at 1 cr, IAS officers cumulatively don't make that much.
only u think they make a crazy amount, The inhand is really low, that's why they move abroad.
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Better to be a 2nd class citizen in a 1st world country than to be a 1st class citizen in a 3rd world country.
A 4-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
When I told a relative that I work for a law firm. He in turn told to everyone else, that 'I' have left legal practice and joined a private company ..... "usse ho nahi paayi vakalat".
poochi kisine? t-1 me lawyers IAS se zada kamate honge but karle comparison society ki eyes me kon zada valuable resource hai. it will humble you.
hardly 0.1 percent successfully migrate. Why would one leave behind their family, friends life to be a 2nd class citizen in another country
Do aunties know about Goldman Sachs? Societe General? Citidel? Is brand awareness among aunties the criteria to define the status of the job?
When i got a job at trilegal, a relative asked me "is it spelt as TRYLEGAL?????" like what???
Yes, because it will take 8-10 days for me to explain what law firm is and why it is paying me so much... when other lawyers in neighbourhood earn in 4 figures
yep, people working fewer hours , having studied fewer years but making more
Once - KCO even received a legal notice addressed to Khaitan - the fan company
Nopes.. only u think 20lpa is a crazy amount. Go to hyderabad at adobe etc
Tell them your salary. Aunties will not only shut up but come up with marriage proposals.
Maybe because litigation people are socially more relevant. Corp lawyers serve a very small bourgeoisie class and people don't give a crap if you acted in XYZ deal. Property wagera ke cases dekhte ho toh bataao?
The fact that you want ppl to continue thinking you work for a fan company instead of law firm says it all......(clap)(clap)
Ek to jab log kehte hai ki law firm? Ye kya hota hai. Company bol raha hai na? Tab to itna hurt hota hai na
I come from a Tier 3 city. My entire neighbourhood thinks that I work for the fan company. I was once requested to get cheap quotes of fans for the colony's community centre, or if I could get fans directly shipped from the godown.

I let it be like this.
One firm you mention in the middle, definitely matches the allegations in the bottom. Thats the only way they make money
And surprisingly more people have heard of 'Amarchand' and 'Luthra'...
"Khaitan? Ohh the fan company?", said a relative upon hearing of my new job, as I realised the bubble we so called Tier-1 lawyers live in.
Migrate to london and just say you’re a lawyer in london- aunties will become mouthshut.com