Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Could you tell me what type of work you were assigned to and whether you got any drafting work (question reserved for interns only) and whether Gshanks has a system of having paralegals or long interns in his chamber And plus the overall working atmosphere of his chamber.
Gopal Shankarnarayan and Haripriya Padmanabhan have a fantastic chamber to learn. Consti, Crim, Civil, Corporate, IBC, Land, Environment, Sports - I dont know any senior chamber which has that variety at the Supreme Court. They are a very fun and chilled couple, and as they are both counsels, there is no filing stuff - just pure research and learning. I had a great internship experience and there were many women juniors who were warm and helpful, especially Shivani Maam. Unfortunately one couldnt go to court, but all the juniors seemed to really love being there.
They also are very religious about their summer and winter vacations so the associates get a 2 months of paid leave every year. What more can you ask for?
A year ago when I wanted an internship, a college senior gave me an important piece of advice - he said when you have to choose a chamber, dont look only at how good the lawyer there is, but also how well the juniors who have left are doing. That will show what a mentor the person is.
Oh, and I forgot, they also allow juniors to do their own work! ; )
Take a look at this from an older thread:

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/161777-honest-salaries-paid-by-newly-designated-senior-advocates

The arguing counsel couple of Mr Gopal Sankarnarayan (2001, NLS) and Haripriya Padmanabhan (1998, NLS) are decent paymasters and very popular bosses. Even their interns (of which I was one) get 12,500 to 15,000. Juniors get between 40000 to more than a lakh depending on the years of experience. Most important, there is a proper work life balance:

1. You don't have to go into office in the mornings and go directly to court.

2. Friday after court and Sundays are off, except for online conferences for the junior who worked on the case.

3. They make it a point to refer to juniors during arguments and acknowledge their assistance.

4. One of the juniors who plays football is allowed to go for training and matches when she has to.

5. They take all Supreme Court vacations off and juniors get paid. So you get paid leave of almost 2.5 months a year!

6. In addition, juniors can do their own independent work and get guidance from the two of them.

7. Right now they have 6 juniors all of whom are women. There have been men in the past, a few of whom still continue to work on matters after they have left.
Hi op here, does g shanks also do trial work i forgot to mention this in the question?
Nope. In fact, doesn't do any Tribunals either. Does the occasional PIL / Pro Bono at HC, but rarely.
i have 0 interest in litigation (only because i dont have the time to settle) but this was heartwarming to read. lots of wishes sir and ma'am