Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I have been in conversations with several people who did Jessup last year, and they all had negative remarks for the way in which the regionals was organized by Amity Law School, Noida.

Is it true?

If yes, what is the exact nature of their shortcoming? Can it be addressed?

If no, how does one go about getting the Administrator changed for the 2024 Jessup?
I participated in jessup this year. For one particular round, Amity sent us a random memo instead of the opponent’s memo for preparing rebuttals. When we contacted the OC student head, she was so relaxed in her attitude and hushed the matter. This costed us a round.
Instead of the pre decided six, nine teams went to the International Rounds because everything was chaotic and multiple teams were cheated out. The cheated out teams then appealed to ILSA (the Jessup parent body) who then gave an exclusive invitation to those teams.
You wont believe me. This is from pre-covid rounds. Our team got 90+ marks for each speaker from all the rounds except one. The opponents in that very round were the first to speak and were very very poorly prepared. Given how bad they performed, the judges just asked basic questions and completed our orals in half the time it should take. The other team got 65ish marks and we got 75-80. We did not even reach the QFs because of this sole round.

After the moot was over, a certain finalist team was being dissed by each opponent they had faced wondering how they beat them and got to the finals. That team's performance in the finals was also very average with no clarity of law.

When we got our score sheet, I checked the judges in that surprising round of ours, and one of them was a professor from the same college that the finalist team was from, and another was an alumni.

The whole situation seemed like a sham at that point.
A 1-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.