Read 70 comments as:
Filter By
APU was non profit- and wildly different from JGLS in every way. And Im fairly certain Nigam regrets spending that year or so at BML. Unlikely to head down that road again.
They have been in charge of other universities and those haven't worked out either.
Jindal is the worst law school ever don't ever go there telling this with my personal experience
Jindal is the worst law school ever don't ever go there telling this with my personal experience
Nigam and Sudhir have both worked at private universities before. So the holier than thou posing doesn't really apply to either.
Yall can hope and wish, but theres somethings money cant buy. I dont see Sudhir, Arun, or Nigam leaving NLS to go work at JGU. Not even as VC. Those guys have too much integrity to abide the daily corruption of academic standards at private universities.
Raj will not leave VC-ship ever, but there is a legit contest for the #2 slot at JGLS, between Sreejith, and Dipika. I think the students would prefer Sreejith and he has good academic credentials, but I think Dipika is more influential and will eventually win the race.
Wonderful. Sreejith is a much better pick, with better scholarship and is definitely more pleasant and approachable than DJ.
Great scholar? In which field has she become a great scholar suddenly?
As a girl who identifies as a feminist myself, I don't find DJ to be all that great of an administrators. She's a good teacher and a great scholar, no doubt, but there are much more qualified and able female administrators on campus: Kathleen Modrowski for instance.
all VC does is go to US for trips. No wonder college is deteriorating!
A 14-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
I know clearly what he has done and do not agree with your opinion about it being fair.
A 9-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Moreover, Sudhir is an autocrat who is not able to convince others of his perspective very well. He won't do well in any corporate set up.
where do you think the money goes lol? Jindal hasnt "given" money in that hes donated- its a loan. admin will admit as much.
Yes, Yugank has left for FLAME. Pretty much all the old teachers have left except Paddy, Dipika, Indranath and a few more. It's quite sad, actually.
Why not Sreeram Chaulia? He has the requisite fancy degrees, has admin experience, is popular and approachable and is close to the Modi government
Dude, Sreejith's foreign degree is an LL.D. much much more valuable than an LL.M. He also has an MPhil from JNU. That aside I don't think he will make VC. The man is a brilliant teacher, let him teach. As such JGU can't afford to lose more teachers.
Sreejith will be the next VC followed by Karan. Both are very competent and know how to run their office effectively!
Yugank, Dipika, Paddy: these are the frontrunners to be the next VC. I would place Yugank ahead in the race.
Sorry, I just saw that you mentioned she doesn't have a PhD. I think that is a very big decisive factor. I'm still surprised she's full Professor without a PhD.
You're forgetting that doesn't have a PhD. Which is such an important factor. Also, she's not the longest. Amit Bindal, Paddy, and Yugank Goyal were there much before her.

I'm not sure if Aman Shah is still in Jindal but he might be a candidate too
Really? Other schools have enough students to make profits? Surely you don't mean public policy journalism and architecture?
Spot on! He is cloning the JGLS model in terms of faculty hires, intake and fee increase. NLSIU = "Jindal of the South", not "Harvard of the East".
A dozen profs better than Dipika Jain for this. Are you crazy to suggest her name?
He is anyway inspired by JGLS which is why he is expanding the intake. JGLS is his dream university and I am sure that JGLS fits him the best
Ask him to refund the NLAT aspirants then, as well as those NLS alumni he charged for their virtual convocation.
Raj’s mantras

Marketing- money

Hostels- money

Unlimited students- money

Educational institution- factory - money

Foreign ties- marketing- money

No focus on quality of education?

Nothing on making it a respectable institution?
If and when Raj retires, the next VC will most likely be Dipika Jain.
Haha there is no way he’d take the job. I know the man. He’s all about public service. He’s got many flaws but he’s never stepped away from public service and he’s never chased money.
Do you have evidence to show that JGU makes a profit every year that gets channelled back to Naveen?
Disagree, because there is an example of one university which works very well despite huge fees and expensive faculty: ISB.
It's a pvt uni. Why will be they regulated? Pvt unis know only to extort money out of the pockets of spoiled brats parents.
I am sure Sudhir Krishnaswamy will happily take up the job if offered. The salary is much higher than what he currently gets.