Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
So I am already allotted Gujarat national law university. However I am from Kolkata and there is a good chance that I might get Nujs in nri sponsored as well (in vacancy spot round). Please help me. I am from Kolkata and my parents are ready to pay bucks to keep me in Kolkata as well. But will there be a difference in ROI if I choose Nujs.
Well congratulations either way. Both are amazing. Have a blast for the next five years ❀️
please stop being nice, GNLU and NUJS are definitely not the same. Please give a straight up answer.
what is the primary deficiency of NUJS? - compact campus - you will be a day scholar so that does not matter.

In all other parameters like faculty quality, co-and-extra curricular opportunities, placements etc. NUJS is ahead of GNLU

Someone below is commenting about US LLM, it does not help unless you already have a couple of years of PQE. If you get a PPO you can recoup the extra cost of NRI seat at NUJS in 6 months.
Take NUJS its a safe bet, or if not nujs then NLIU. dude pls dont spend 5 yrs in GNLU its dark and ugly
NUJS bro NUJS best NLU in India after NLS NALSAR NLUJ NLIU RML and RGNUL
Nujs ranks THIRD after nls and nalsar. It’s wayyyy more better than NLUJ NLIU RML RGNUL.
Don’t talk nonsense, buddy. You know very well that and NIRF has repeatedly ranked NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR as the top three.
if you have to quote nirf to make an argument you have already lost the argument

you know why

if I say anything more then the comment will be marked trollish ;)
Choose GNLU and then spend the money for a US LLM after 2-3 years of graduation. However, if money is absolutely not an issue then go for NUJS.
placement chahiye toh dono main mil jayega if you maintain good acads + a well rounded CV IMO
If your parents are rich or you are a nepo kid, choose NUJS. Else choose GNLU because:

- As someone said, you save money which you can use for an LLM abroad. If you save 10 lakhs or so, that may not help much in the US, but will definitely help in the UK or Singapore or Australia, where costs are less and 10 lakh matters more.

- The GNLU campus is nicer than NUJS. The main reason is that GNLU gets a lot more funding than NUJS.

- Modi, Adani and Ambani are pumping in thousands of crores into Gujarat. It is a state that is economically flourishing. Companies and firms setting up operations in Gujarat may preferred to recruit from GNLU rather than NUJS (this is based on the assumption that Modi will win in 2024).

- While faculty at GNLU and NUJS are about the same in quality, the quality of admin at NUJS has declined a lot because of political interference by the present state govt.

If you miss your parents in Kolkata, you can consider 2 or 3 internships there.
NUJS faculty is way better than GNLU faculty at this stage by every possible metric.
NUJS faculty is way better than GNLU faculty at this stage by every possible metric.
Choose GNLU. Studying outside home in a hostel will make you tough and self-reliant. You will learn to make your own bed, clean your own room, wash your own clothes and utensils, sometimes cook your own food, shop on your own, go the bank on your own. You will learn to defend yourself and fight back during hostel fights. Even if you lose a hostel fight, blood and broken bones will make you a man.

On the other hand, studying as a day scholar in your hometown will make you a pampered mummy’s boy, plus your maid will do all work for you. So go for GNLU and become a chad. Don’t end up as a beta/cuck.

P.S. For the same reason I will suggest that people in Gujarat should pick NUJS gen quota over GNLU NRI quota.
What rubbish! If you feel that way, it is because your parents didn't teach you how to be self-sufficient while you're living with them. Not everyone's parents are short-sighted like that. Compared to living in cramped hostels with zero privacy and toxic people, it is a much better option to stay at home while studying or working.
If you can afford an NRI quota seat, why don’t you just go to Jindal? The son of Mr Suhail Nathani did so. He went on to do an MBA from Harvard. Another girl from Delhi did so too. She was given a full scholarship and joined CAM, then went to Oxford.

Think about it. Jindal can open doors for you abroad if you are rich (which you seem to be).
What doors? Doors that you have to bribe to open? Because whatever Jindal grads can do on their own, NUJS grads can do the same and often better.
If money is not an issue and you don't mind the campus infra just go for nlujs already don't know about the faculties but defn better placements n peer group also trust me you don't wanna be stuck in gandhinagar for 5 f years it's a dead ghost town with absolutely nothing to do
What rank did you have in nri quota to open up the possibility of nujs?
If you are in WB domicile/AI Gen, then your NRI Sponsored rank matters. It has to be within 600. The general rank doesn’t matter.
If you live in Kolkata and can become a day scholar, then you can go for NUJS. You can pursue activities in central Kolkata after class and on weekends, such as sports lessons, music lessons, language classes etc. Plus visits to malls, pubs and restaurants. And you can get the comforts of home as well.

Of course, you can also forsake the comforts of home and pursue the above in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar. But you may wish to check the exact location of GNLU. They are building a metro station there, I am told. Will that get you to the city centre in Gandhinagar or Ahmedabad fast?
If you can put in the money then I think nujs would be a better option but gnlu ain't a bad option
NUJS is not worth the 8-9 lpa NRI Sponsored fee. It's a great college but nowhere near good enough to justify paying such a high amount. Take GNLU. The fees there plus your Kol-Amd travel costs will still be half of what you'll have to pay at NUJS.
If you are from Kolkata then go for NUJS. It has a good library, is in the middle of the city, good faculty and a student friendly VC
choosing nujs throught nri while you have got gnlu would be the worst decision you can take, yes nujs is better than gnlu but the difference between nujs and gnlu is not worth the difference in this money,if u had got a tier 2 nlu then fine but u have gnlu,open ur eyes don't take stupid decisions