Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
So NALSAR, Hyderabad has come up with this new 2- year LLM , in collaboration with IICA. It would be conducted partly at NALSAR and partly at IICA campus, New Delhi. Since it's a practical course, wherein internships are mandatory, it makes sense to pursue it since it wouldn't be a conventional LLM then . Plus it also has placements - I hope you guys might have heard of Graduate Insolvency Programme, it is conducted by the same institute, they place guys at Big 4 and Tier -1 firms.

The only issue is the fees - 15 lakhs. IDK the ROI would be at par or not, considering the course has started this year only , plus its of 2 years also.

I gave the interview and am pretty confident about it, but dont know what to if i am selected. 15L is something which would't do without a loan, and i am from a middle class family., What needs to be done?
When it comes to placement, yes. They rarely manage to place the students of the courses that they are running. Let alone the poor chaps who will fall into this new trap.
I don't know how you arrived at your misconception.

IICA has released the list of students selected for the GIP course from the year 2019. Take that list and search alumni in LinkedIn, you will learn that all of them are placed in IPE's, Law firms and Consultancies.
Err...2019 batch list being released now. Means the institute didn't place them, they got placed on their own. Now it's trying to piggyback on their achievements.
No LLM is worth it unless you want to go to academia and teach. Mostly non NLU or lower NLU people do LLM just so they can boast a tag of an NLU. Trust me no one cares. You will not have a day zero like the LLB folks. No Tier 1 law firm will come to campus to recruit you. In fact you may have a better chance of joining a tier 1 firm if you spend that one or two year you would waste in LLM by working in a tier 2 firm. You can always rise upwards WITHOUT any ostentatious degree.
Bro, i respect you opinion, but kindly do some research on the the course i am talking about. Why would anyone spend that amount if they have to go into academics? Must be some reason right? I am asking from rational - minded people.
It is a rational response. Why would people spend money for any Indian LLM unless they want to go into academics has got no good answer. No Indian LLM is good for else other than academics and maybe some policy work if you're doing it from APU or TISS.