Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
What if by any offchance opposition comes to comes to power. Will it be named as L.E.G.A.L.L.Y I.N.D.I.A?
Mod: close this thread. It's confirmed that this is NOT the purpose of the special session. The agenda is out.
Modibhumi or Dindayal Upadhyaya Republic or Savarkarashtra are good options too.
If after the last ten years, you still think that BJP is bringing development and reforms that this country actually needs, then you should have no problem with this change either.
Modiji before 2019 election: Balakot Strikes

Modiji before 2024 election: Rename India to Bharat.

phir wohi Nationalism card
J Sai Deepak was on all the news channels today. This man is the one responsible for it. He is the Darth Sidious of the Hindu right.
The voting pattern on this thread suggests that there are lot of pro-Modi people on LI. That’s good, but I would prefer that you guys push for economic reforms instead.
Not only here but all over Bharat. I would suggest you to first go and have understanding of economy before lecturing here. There are dynamic economic reforms being implemented under Modi govt and there will be more in times to come.
It’s India fyi. Plus a constitutional amendment and ratification by the states is required for India to be renamed to Bharat. Sanghi educate yourself first.
And it’s constitutional amendment by a special majority in both the houses of the β€œIndian” Parliament respectively that’s required .
It's not a troll or anything.

But genuinely I want to understand the reasoning of the name change.

Why name is changed? What essense it holds? I need to know being a lawyer myself but not up to date with history or stuff.
A 3-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.