Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
So I’m an A0 currently with an infamous boutique. I have an interview lined up with Resolut Partners. Any insight on the following queries would be extremely helpful!

1. What is the interview process like? If you could shed light on the difficultly level of the HR round and technical round- plus biases (if any) you guys observed.

2. Work culture and pay

3. So currently I get to work on complex transactions, often on the documentation as well. I am extremely involved with the deals. I would hate to be sidelined to a KM role which is what most firms do with freshers. Any insight on the kind of work expected from and offered to freshers at the firm would be helpful!
I see, could you elaborate a bit? Which team were you with? Is there a pool system?
Buddy, they are very arrogant and rude and for what? Corp lawyers only get involved by business teams do the paperwork. You may be able to learn a bit but the firm runs like a cult. One proper advice for you is that whichever firm tries to sell their culture or whatever is horrible at its core. So just think sensibly. If the pay is great compared to your current pay then go for it but believe me there is something awfully off about this place.
They will reject you after the HR round itself no matter how amazing it goes.
Consider yourself lucky if you're rejected. I got through both the interview rounds and interned at the firm. And bruh... what a roller coaster. The firm is nothing like it portrays itself to be - it becomes growingly evident the more time you spend there even though you may feel impressed the first few days by the facade they have on. Other past interns and ex-associates (like the one who commented on this thread) will tell you the same. Hopefully, someday soon I'll find the time/energy to type out a detailed comment about whats really up at the firm because I've come across enough during my time there for a goddamn essay.
I recently interviewed (technical round) for an internship at ResolΓΌt. Though I am awaiting my result. I am amused by the negative reputation of this firm on LI. I found the person interviewing me really approachable and friendly. Also, the firm have very few people, despite of this it is involved in some high value transactions. I see ResolΓΌt as a great space to learn. I have interned with a couple of Tier 1 firms as well and have interviewed at several top firms but out of them all, ResolΓΌt seemed most friendly to me (though I have had a very limited interaction with the firm) but I don't see it as a place that fakes being friendly.
more than half the people are salty for getting rejected in the interview process. Trying to hide their incompetence with excuses