Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Terrible situation, dont join. Regret coming here, parents are well off but doesnt mean 9lpa should be wasted.

1) Terrible roi : Barely < 10% of the batch who gets placed, even the miracle 2023 hiring batch had 110ish good paying offers just because CAM gave out 44 offers. tier 1s are the majority offers. 90%+ people waste more money by going for LLMs which cost upwards of 50L or are working in small firms making 20-30k in delhi.

2) Crowded af : more than 12k people on an 80 acre campus, messes and everything else gets excessively crowded. ++ Hygiene issues in mess

3) Jail like location : Lived in south delhi whole life, this campus feels like shit. Isolated and bad location, takes 1 hr to reach north delhi and 1.5 for south

4) Good faculty but doesnt matter for average people who dont want to explore niche areas or focus too much on academics. If you want a job that pays 16-20 lpa and scrape through law school, faculty is useless.

Please dont come, I regret it heavily.
My friends who did 3 year course from tier 1 colleges in DU are getting 40-50k
Bhai I meant du se bcom hons karke from hansraj/venky/shaheed bhagat singh etc
To add to it, while there are a few good faculty, majority are just too green without any experience. A lot of the classroom teaching is based on material available on the Internet. Since I started working, I realised that many of it had been grossly inaccurate too.
The other problem is that the faculty is human-rights heavy and so are the Deans who determine recruitment, research agendas and the overall direction of the law school. For students interested in commercial law, this does not help.
I'm the one who wrote the comment, I would highly suggest doing a 3 year course like bcom hons or bba from a good college and then going for mba instead of coming to jindal. Mba will also cost 30L but atleast you will have a job that pays 1L per month if you are in top 25 b schools.
Who said 30L my friend, even an MBA from mid-level B -school will fetch you 50-60K a month easily. law is the biggest scam in the country.
Staff crushing potatoes with feet was only the beginning. Ever since that incident (and seemingly stringent measures were put in place), the following was seen:

1. Lizard was found in the food

2. Fryums had fried flies in it

3. Today in mess they served fried glove bhajias

Each time you felt things couldn't go low, this college goes to new lows everyday.

PS: Admin used to regularly deflect these issues by not responding to our emails (read: Registrar and Deeksha Khera) or expressing displeasure on the "tone and tenor" of our email.....bejati on legally india is what you get for your inaction and lack of accountability
Only today the registrar sent a drinking water quality report.

Nobody will trust your reports if the water is visibly murky and smells horrible (both domestic and drinking). Most of the campus buys Aquafina bottles. Also, don't get me started on the conflict of interest in the samples being sent by the very organisation whose water is being tested.

You can try to improve this by first acknowledging that a problem exists and taking your infra team to task (for being dismissive about these issues).

This is what we get for paying 9 L a year.
The water at Jindal ruined my hair and I have started balding at a young age.