Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
A 50-acre campus to come up in Panchkula, Haryana. This is National Forensic Sciences University's eleventh campus. NFSU is a single unitary multi-campus multi-disciplinary University, under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.

https://theprint.in/india/national-forensic-sciences-university-campus-to-come-up-in-haryanas-panchkula/1679202/

The varsity team just concluded a visit to Panchkula to select the site for the said campus.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/varsity-site-expert-team-to-visit-pkl/articleshow/103098178.cms?from=mdr
Can you please mention of all the eleven campuses that NFSU would be having along with this one? I know of Gujarat, Delhi, Assam. Where are the others?
NFSU has campuses in Gandhinagar, Delhi, Goa, Pune, Dharwad, Guwahati, Tripura, Bhopal, Manipur, and Uganda. The eleventh one (overall) and the tenth one in India will be in Panchkula.

Telangana CM has requested the MHA to set up a NFSU campus in Tirupati assuring full support by way of funding and land.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/hyderabad/ap-cm-meets-amit-shah-pitches-for-national-forensic-sciences-university-at-tirupati-8351182/

This is what a true "National" University is.
They should consider opening at least one branch in every state where there's a CFSL already.
Perhaps that's the direction. Also in my earlier response, it should read "Andhra Pradesh" not "Telangana". My bad.
NFSU is also focussing a lot on corporate/financial crimes and the laws of corporate governance. Hence it has forged deep connections with SEBI, the Director General of Income Tax, Directorate General of GST Intelligence. Forensic Science makes law and lawyers more effective.
How deep are these connections? Will these places offer internships to NFSU students? Because that would be a sweet deal if one wants to learn the regulatory side of things.
how are the campuses? I heard law is only taught in two places so far, how is the faculty quality? who is the head of law dept?

we need to ask these questions before commenting on the yays or nays
When NLS expands, it leads to dilution of quality but when NFSU expands, it leads to the multiplication of quality. That's the greatness of NFSU.
NFSU comes with many advantages:

1. Small batch sizes
2. Lower fees freeing the students from the burden of loans
3. No domicile reservation on account of being a national institution
4. No backdoor entry via the NRI / NRI-sponsored quota
5. Locational advantage for law (by being in Delhi campus)
6. Exposure to other disciplines, complementing law
7. Funding ensures good overall infrastructure
8. Even aspiring faculty members will want to work at a national instiution
I think that the Central Government is trying to push the NFSU brand as the truly national alternatives to NLUs, which are nothing but state universities at this stage and are not going to be nationalised anytime soon. Soon, the UGC and other government funding bodies will also start favouring the NFSU brand over the NLUs when it comes to grants for projects and the like, all part of this policy.
In that direction, the NFSU's entrance test (called NFAT) is conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) like JEE (Mains) and NEET. Though for some programs NFSU does accept CLAT, GATE, CAT, UGC-NET.

Your point on grants and funding is spot on. Another less-known fact is that NFSU is primarily a post-graduate institution, with a few integrated UG programs. The faculty are engaged in some amazing projects.