Read 123 comments as:
Filter By
[Moderator note: Trigger warning, these posts are about suicide. If you are having suicidal thoughts or are at risk, please consider seeking help or calling a suicide prevention hotline to speak to someone, such as at https://hellolifeline.org/]

A final year student at HNLU committed suicide earlier this afternoon. At 4:30 pm the VC, Dr. Vivekanandan, and the Registrar, Vipan Kumar concerned an emergency meet in the auditorium. The VC began by saying "this is a unforeseen incident. ▮▮▮ She was definitely not depressed because her CGPA was good and her internships were also good. I don't know how this happened, because everything was going so well." The way the VC implies that the loss of this life was a impediment ▮▮▮ makes one pukish. The meeting is concerned to speak of shock and loss. You inform, pray for the soul, take 2 mins of silence. ▮▮▮

May her soul rest in peace ▮▮▮.
A brilliant 5th year committed suicide in the girls hostel today ▮▮▮. According to the VC, "she had no reason to do it as she was a good student. The University has confirmed CJI for the Convocation and the University is doing well."
Absolutely shocking news and even more terrible handling. Btw which block was her room in
Although this issue shouldn't be politicised but the recent turn of events at HNLU Raipur are horrific. A final year student was found dead in the girl's hostel, people are saying that proximate cause is suicide which is very worrisome because the university and the Vice Chancellor boasts the mentally happy campus by finding work life balance.

While addressing the students today the VC had the audacity to boast about the reputation of the university in his tenure and facts about inviting CJI for convocation at this sad hour. He didn't stop there but started concocting theories that the deceased that good academic record and hence involvement of University is far-fetched.

The insensitive VC had the brazenness to point fingers and politicise matter at this odd hour. HNLU admin has cancelled classes for 10 days to pacify the matter ▮▮▮.

The administration has played a significant role in destroying mental health of students by denigrating them at all levels including the hostel suspensions and other regressive steps. Problems of students are not heard at all. Policy of arbitrary in timings. A female student who complained about the security concerns at girls hostel was silenced and other student who alleged gangraped was threatened to not do anything ▮▮▮. The voice of students are muzzled at every point.

Wardens in ▮▮▮ hostel have left no stone unturned to make life of students hell by raiding hostels and making insensitive comments on their students. ▮▮▮. Insensitive comments that you are here to make our life tough not only hurt the students but also affects them.

▮▮▮

I am writing this with very pain and hence request R to publish this without moderation because this information needs dissemination and this should reach to a wider audience so that HNLU administration can be questioned. The university that tries to silence the significant stakeholders isn't a conducive place and hence needs urgent attention. This thread is a reflection of HNLU student community.

This info can be verified from following news report:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.naidunia.com/lite/chhattisgarh/raipur-raipur-crime-suspected-death-of-hidayatullah-law-university-student-dead-body-found-in-washroom-fear-of-suicide-8214567

https://www.livehindustan.com/chhattisgarh/story-hnlu-raipur-ballb-final-year-girl-student-suicides-dead-body-recovered-from-hostel-washroom-8618195.html
One of our own is dead. It's appalling that you choose this time to advance some sort of vendetta against the administration. Of course the VC is saying all the wrong things, he's an old man dealing with a crisis. What is it you want him to do?

It's our role as students to band together, organise, come up with a list of reforms and approach the administration to implement.
If you say he is an old guy, then he should retire and not be the VC. VC with no empathy
I don't know why the original comment was allowed. An extremely unfortunate death has taken place and some people with an ulterior agenda are attacking the VC. This is both vindictive propaganda and disrespecting the departed soul.

Let's be objective, please. There are many reasons why people commit suicide. We don't know what happened here. The supposed problems being complained of exist in many other universities.
Yes there can be many reasons behind the suicide. But, your take that problems exists in many other universities is I don't know what to say...complaints should be resolved and not overlooked or hid be it in this University or any other University. Dont promote the approach ki ye to chalta hai hota hai, no it is not accceptable
Idk what degree you are pursuing because it is a lawyer who calls a spade a spade. I don't need to take lessons from you on that because it seems to me that you have a philosophy background as the things you are saying are completely utopian. It is the time that admin should take moral responsibility atleast.
Irresponsible comment and irresponsible moderation. R, please mark this comment as contested because it tries to link admin policies with the suicide.
HNLU administration after covid has been passing draconian orders against its students without proper investigation and continue to harass the students all on the basis of administrative procedures. Hostel and campus suspensions are given to students before investigations so that the students in fear of their academic interests are not able to raise voice against such measures. This case may not be related to college administration but overall the administration is reaking havoc on the mental health of students all to create a sense of fear in the students. This needs to be properly investigated ▮▮▮ as a lot of students are still suffering by the hands of administration via the suspension orders against them.
May her soul rest in peace. I can truly understand how the administration of a University causes damage to mental health so badly that they choose to take such grave steps. At my university as well, at MNLU, Nagpur, the VC treats us students as if we are some trash. he would come into the office and his assistant would tell the students to get away as he does not like to see students on Monday mornings, because of which many students could not take exams. A student has even filed a petition in the court against the arbitrary functioning of the institution and the VC. He was held to be corrupt and was demoted from NLU Assam because of his arbitrary acts. Then he was made VC of our college and has been making our lives miserable since. IDK why he is still holding that position.

True, these are the times when absolute morality, responsibility, and liability are tested. These are precisely the times when maturity and responsibility taken by a VC or administration of an institution show how mature and answerable they are. If a VC is an old man and is incapable of handling such situations or taking responsibility for what has happened, he should not be a VC.
My heart goes out to the soul of this young woman. May she find peace. She didn't deserve what happened to her and definitely the behaviour of administration is insensitive to say the least. Sending strength to her parents. I am attaching link of another incident which is happening at the same University which I found on LI. Is Administration of this University so deaf to hear the students that students are turning to LI to speak about their complaints.

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/274376-innocence-shattered-tragic-events-unfold-at-nlu#comment-274376
Rape complaints get swept under the carpet, the rape victim's name is published on the official website of the university as part of disciplinary proceeding against the victim on grounds of her victimhood.

A student gets her MacBook stolen, she faces proctorial proceedings for trespassing in the university instead of being helped w the police.

Girl students are shouted at by a specific ▮▮▮ prof, a ▮▮▮ prof and another ▮▮▮ prof (▮▮▮ of ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮) for entering the hostel at 10:31 instead of 10:30.

Complaints of sexual harassment are dismissed ▮▮▮. ▮▮▮ on grounds that "women in this world need to be stronger" and "jhoot mat bolo"

HNLU rots in the swell of its own doing. Professors who are expected to be pillars of virtue and justice, being teachers of those qualities of humankind that are most cherished and protected, violate these tenets themselves. We as students are shook by this callousness.
What is wrong with LI website.Every comment you like it states you can comment only once when it was the first vote by me on that comment.This happens on every comment on every conversation.
Why do we need an anonymous platform like LI to address such grave issues. Why cant we speak about this freely on LinkedIn
Dear everyone,

Kindly requesting you all to respect the privacy of our dearest friend Urvi, and her family at this tough and trying time. I am writing this email on behalf of her closest friends, and we know that Urvi has taken this unfortunate step due to very personal reasons and has nothing to do with the college administration. While we understand that the meeting at the auditorium yesterday might have ignited some anger among the student body, kindly understand that at this point the University administration has more important issues to take care of. They are all working to ensure that her family and her friends are taken care of at this hour, and that is definitely the biggest priority. Any issues on condemning a speech can wait for later. We are now solely and only concerned with how her near and dear are. Kindly refrain from reposting any messages of condemnation at least for the initial few weeks so that her family can deal with the grief in a personal matter and not have it made into a politicised conversation and let them grieve in peace. Additionally refrain from starting any threads or conversations regarding this on social media platforms for now, regarding the administration’s stand or her to ensure that her privacy is not violated in the process. She was someone who hated to have her name thrown out and about in any manner. Please adhere to this to respect her late soul. May her rest in peace.

Regards,

Parvati, Kirti, Radhika, Adrija, Ojaswi.
As much as we all are grieving at this point and feeling for Urvi, we CANNOT shrug off the attitude of the institution. If you really think that keeping quiet right now is beneficial, let me remind you of the numerous incidents that have unfolded at this place, even recalling which boils my blood. The least we could do for her, and many others who, god forbid, may be dealing with similar thoughts as Urvi did, is SPEAK OUT!

All five of you very well know how the administration has treated students in the past—both recent and far. I needn’t remind you the case of one of your own batchmates who has been recently kicked out of the university. So SPEAK OUT before it’s too late.
There is nothing that stops any student from speaking out against the admin, at least on social media. However, if the people close to the victim say that her tragic end did not have any direct relationship with the admin policy, then you should not try to colour it in that fashion. Activism is laudable, but hijacking real tragedies to suit your own narrative or agenda is no.
No, the University doesn't even let you say anything on social media. When a student wrote something against the University on their facebook page, they got the messages deleted. Further, the article published about the rape victim stated- "she says she will go to social media and blame the University for the incident of rape". This clearly stopped her from going to social media. When in reality she never made such statement. For a fact, she doesn't even have social media account apart from whatsapp. What happened in this particular case is something I will not comment on whatever one says before the investigation gets done nothing is clear.
How do they get it deleted? They hack into your account, or threaten to fail you or expel you if you don't delete the message? If the latter, then try borrowing a leaf out of the pages of NALSAR and NUJS students in the past, who started anon FB pages and groups to highlight admin highhandedness.
What the hell is going on at Hnlu are victims of sexual crime being muzzled by that maniac( vc). He should there are various SC advocates reading this
Its really not about hijacking the situation. Its just the mere fact that the university under this new administration has left no stone unturned to harass any of the students. Last semester 16 students were suspended from hostels. 5 of which were because of a fight that happened in campus. Wherein the person college tried to defend was accused of harassment by his own batchmates. The complaint was not formally Recognized just because of the fact that the person had filed a complaint against his 'friends' who confronted him on the issue. Just tell me one thing was the college right when it handed out suspensions against these students. They had to pay a fine of 25 thousand per person. Was it justified? 2 of them were not even allowed to give end term examinations even when the enquiry was pending in its entirety . What if god forbid one of them took such a step. This semester 2 students have been rustigated from the university on alleged ragging. Suspension orders were passed against them even before thé starting of the enquiry. If its not abuse of power i dont know what is. This is not about whether the university is at fault here or not. Its about how the university in the veil of administrative procedure harrasses its students. May her soul rest in peace. But we should not turn a blind eye towards what the university is doing. Merely because it may not have been the case here doesnt mean it isn't happening. Will it really take another life for people to speak up against what is really happening. Just want to say that just because its not happening to you doesn't mean its not happening. WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.!!
By all means publicise and criticise all that. However, as the friends of the victim have clearly written here, her tragic demise does not appear to be linked with it, so desist from passing it off as that.
Why so many downvotes? All of them were literally her closest friends. Please respect their wishes
Just because they (admin) are nice to you doesn't mean that they will stay forever. Once this matter will pacify, be prepared for their exploitation
I can understand your loss and her leaving us so early cast an obligation on us to ensure that this incident isn't repeated atleast because of the conduct that is within our control. Her reason to take such a harsh step remains unknown but what we can ensure is that this shitty admin should learn their responsibility and accountability
Shocked beyond the wildest of my imaginations! Speaks volumes about the declining state of affairs at HNLU, where students are at the rock-bottom of the pyramid; their concerns the least valuable. ▮▮▮

My deepest condolences to her family. Om shanti.
This post shouldn't have been allowed. A soul is lost and here we have people jumping the gun and blaming the university administration for her tragic death. Just imagine the insensitivity of the author, he/she didnt even bother to check the antecedent of the student in question, didn't bother to corroborate facts, didn't even bother to check if the last rites of the child has been done or not. The author didnt care what her parents going through and what are their condition, and it can only happen when one is driven by agenda. It makes you blind to facts, immune to tragedy and you just want to prove a point and malign a university and their management.

No doubt, the comments of VC during his address was out of place and it certainly need to condemned but there is a time and place. This certainly is not the time, when her parents are yet to grieve over their kids death, yet to perform the last rites and say prayers to the departed soul.

As external agencies, we ought to measure our words and place in public domain, as we dont know what actually happens, what pushed her to take this drastic step. Let the investigation complete and yes, we certainly should push for a fair investigation so that we get to the root cause of this tragedy. We should see to it that police puts all the facts in public domain and that proper actions are taken.

Sitting on the sidelines and making unsubstantiated comments, making vile allegations, is not going to bring justice to her but certainly is going to tarnish the image of the university and the students. Is this your agenda?
First of all the thread is not to malign the deceased and what you call an agenda are true incidents that ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮. So before commenting you should mind your own business and keep your thoughts to yourself just because it this didn't happen with you then it gives you no right to you to comment on grievance of others. May her soul RIP
Precisely, yes. And let me correct you there: we aren’t going to “tarnish the image of the university,” we’re just bringing out the harsh reality of this sickening place and its administrators.

▮▮▮. We’re going to do justice by her by ensuring that this doesn’t get repeated ever because, you my friend, may not know, but I surely know for a fact that there may be many more like her contemplating such thoughts. It’s ironical that we act only after it’s too late.
If hiding the incidents of stalking on campus, publishing the name of rape victim, throwing the victim out of campus, making comment on girl seeing a naked man in hostel as hallucination, making suspension orders without proper hearing and then labelling that student as bad for forever and many many more incidents which are yet not out is the 'image' of the University why should one not tarnish it. Every student at the University has the right to life, right to dignity. Why should University only highlight its achievement and take no responsibility of their wrongs. The current case of alleged suicide can be because of reasons very personal to the deceased soul but one can not eliminate some institutional reasons which definitely were and are right now being hidden. The girl is no longer with us to tell what led her to take this drastic step so everyone is making speculations which is not wrong, knowing the truth is important so that this doesn't repeat. As a student community one should be very firm to not let this incident repeat. No one deserves to die so early and in pain. Losing one's child is one of the biggest pain possible. Where at one place, some students of this University are getting placed, some are admitted at hospitals like NIMHANS for their treatment of PTSD caused due to incidents at University and such students are fighting with minority in support. Still you think one should not tarnish the image of the University.
Is the image of the uni more important than lives of students? RIP logic
Image of the uni? My foot! Here the ▮▮▮ married faculty openly and the uni has no image issues.
Trying living without internet and with the fear of getting shot anytime you leave the house for a year and you may just reach within a light year of what they face on a regular basis.
The pandits are Kashmiri too. I don't consider them to be a privileged group and believe that they have been persecuted too.
Then law is same for everybody. I can't understand why people from specific community always protest
It's interesting to note how you jumped to the conclusion of me hailing from certain community. In addition, if a legal education has led you to believe that in reality law is implemented the same way for everyone in this country, then I recommend you seek a refund on your fees for having given you a defective product and/or deficient service in exchange.
I didn't name any community for you to take a wild assumption. It is because of the victim syndrome that has led to your unscrupulous assumption of law not being same for everyone. Contingency situations require specific enforcement. Even though I am not from a legal fraternity but my finger knows more law than your entire body.

Dude they say that half knowledge is dangerous and if that is coming from a Propoganda University then it's a disaster. Candidly, I can't say that you should take a refund because you might be having a lifetime free subscription of that UNIVERSITY.
Question is not about you naming any community, but to think that one may belong to a particular one without any substance in your assumption. Moreover, the fact that you deem an accurate representation of the ground reality as an "unscrupulous assumption" is itself also revealing of your ignorance. Maybe you should take daily lessons from your finger. Just an example of fact countering (your) propaganda, when is the last time a state-level election has been held in Kashmir? Especially if the government's claim about everything being perfect there now is true? Has the supposedly normal conditions led to an exodus of the Pandits back to the Valley? It is clear from your comments that you have already been brainwashed by 'Propaganda University".
Why according to observations by various reports that all terrorists in that region are from a specific community? Law is same for everyone but because of "contingency situations" in the valley the law had to take its course. Do you want that Kids carry AK47?

Kashmiri pandits have been time and again killed at the hands of these terrorists from a specific community. Your question and concern on restoring Kashmiri pandits in the valley is same like the Hitler speaking about the welfare for Jews. As far as elections go, it is a UT for now and in India we have a asymmetrical federalism so it will be restored when there's a right time (Read news relating to SC proceedings on art 370 from trusted sources not your WhatsApp groups disseminating propoganda).
What right time? The government has already said that things are great in the valley. Conveniently ignoring all the violence that's taken place since.
Dude it is highly recommended for you to take a refund for your lack of legal knowledge as you don't know that Educational matters are not services under COPRA. This is a taught in first year. Hence no applicability of deficiency of service clause. I won't blame you because this is what happens when you are enrolled in a Propoganda University. Before giving gyaan to others start applying to yourself.
So apart from phobia against certain communities and a lack of logic, we can add inability to recognise sarcasm too in your CV now? Gosh, what a stellar thing it is turning out to be!
Haha, finally taking a moral high ground. Is this how you gonna hide your incompetence and ignoring by stopping to such levels? Ohh sorry I forgot you have successfully played your victim card. Best of luck mate
Yes but there are persecuted by the people from a specific community.
Are persecuted? You should understand that the only persecution that is taking place in J&K now and for many years now is being done by the government and the terrorists, thus leaving the actual population in dire straits.
You should understand that needs of many outweighs the needs of few. Law works for society not for a some individual like you.
So are you saying that in order to protect majority interest, minority rights can be taken away? You keep revealing your bigotry with every comment, as well as lack of knowledge of law.
Your ignorance and degree of victimization haunts me. Which community is the majority in that territory? Refer to SC judgement and learn about geographic majority and minority status and how are they based. Let's hope that you start reading law textbooks rather than referring your notebooks of Propoganda University
Let's spell it out for you. The central government believes that it represents majority will in the country. The central government doesn't want to conduct elections in that region. In that way, the rights of the people living there are being violated.
Why do you keep repeating same things ? Anyways let me dumb it down for you. First of all, there is nothing to believe in it- the central govt representing majority as of now is a fact whether you believe it or not and that's how democracy works- the party with majority votes wins elections.

Second of all it is not a permanent UT and statehood will be restored in foreseeable future except Ladakh. The stance of govt has always been clear. You would have known it if you weren't a part of victimization. Transition periods require time. This is what happens when there is a knowledge deficit due to selective understanding, reading and ignorance.

Your "card" may lead you to doors of Rhodes or Ivy leagues but alas your propoganda will always hover around you. Grow up mate.
Not really. The current party did not get majority votes of the country, only more than any other party did. You should reconsider your maths skills and language skills. Secondly, that's the same garbage being fed by the government. There's nothing to indicate that the conditions aren't right for an election if the government's own version about peace reigning in the valley is to be believed. If I tell you that you can't vote in the 2024 election because the government doesn't want you to, will you be okay with that? Actually, you might be, since it's obvious where your sympathies lie.
I don't know what definition of majority you have because it is a notional concept. Won't engage with you more because you clearly have preconceived notions suited for your own propoganda. Brainwashing found its new peak. Peace
No one abrogated your voting rights in centre. It's just that LA has been dissolved which will be restored "anytime soon" as per affidavit filed by union govt in the SC. Let's see if sth turns out in the special sitting of Parl.
Instead of what has not been abrogated, you should probably talk about what has been. The "anytime soon" spiel is being given for several years now, despite the fact that the government has failed to give a single good reason for that, rather it keeps saying that everything is now great in the region. My right to vote is not something that a party can decide at its convenience. This is a blatant violation of federal nature of the country and the Constitution.
Delimitation exercise takes time. Aspirations of people from Jammu has to be considered besides Kashmiri.
Actually, it may make more sense just to split it into Jammu and Kashmir as separate states. Not from the political perspective based on the perception of the party in power, but based on common sense and the community based distribution across the two places.
Not a bad idea, all things considered. However, that won't suit BJP's political narrative.
Distribution of states on communal lines. See that's the thinking of the specific community that makes them untrustworthy.
Instead of this shady delimitation which is only meant to give the ruling party an advantage? Why go for delimitation at all then? Did you carry out a referendum to gauge whether the public really want that?
Firstly, may the beautiful soul of this young girl find peace and power. She had a bright future ahead and I can't stop thinking about her. She was a very brilliant personality and beautiful inside out. She died very young. May her parents find the strength to get through this tough time. I also extend the strength to her close friends who might now be in a state of shock. This entire issue does require privacy but investigation must be made. The girl didn't die in her home's washroom but hostel washroom so first the investigating authority do have to rule out if there was some institution related issues which bothered her to this extend. So the ones who are raising their voices against the institution are per se not wrong also I personally have couple of messages of the deceased soul where she mentioned that she was not very comfortable there. I don't know if this only was the reason behind her death but this angle can't be overlooked. I agree there can be personal reasons too behind the demise but please understand everyone there are ways people react to a sudden news like this some get angry, some react, some go into shock, some cry,etc etc we shouldn't blame anyone instead support and understand each other. All this case requires is a good investigation. University Administration has undeniably been wrong at many places before like publishing name of rape victim alleging her to be suicidal and labelling her mentally instable online on their official website and labelling students so it is obvious that people would first question them and ask them but then let us all also have some space for objectivity. Strength to all the students of HNLU.
Dear HNLU Administration,

I hope this email finds you well, although as a student of Batch 2023 I understand that the circumstances you are facing are anything but favorable. I am writing to express my deep concern and distress regarding the recent tragedy involving the loss of a student's life in Batch 2024. It is with a heavy heart that I address this matter, seeking both clarity and assurance that the school is taking all necessary steps to prevent such incidents in the future. This email is not the collective opinion of Batch 2023 hence would urge my batchmates to echo this (if they deem fit).

The news of the student's suicide has left our entire community in shock and sorrow. However, I was personally of the opinion that this not is an accurate hour to politicise the matter but some or the other way the address of the very "Hon'ble" Vice Chancellor reflects his insensitivity and that of the administration. The concoction of theories of suicide by stating that she was not under depression due to her academic and financial record is purely astonishing. At the time instead of taking accountability and mourn the loss the VC had the audacity to boast about the reputation of the university in his tenure and facts about inviting CJI for convocation at this sad hour and how the university has risen to prominence, demands criticism. This is not expected from the Vice Chancellor of a so-called "premiere" university. As a student I am ashamed to be a part of this institution and have no desire to attend the "convocation" that comes at the cost of garnering support and sympathy at these sensitive times.

I dont know as to what triggered the deceased to take such a harsh step but I myself had felt suicidal and distressed at some point in that place due to the turn of events that happened with me and our batch including multiple hostel suspensions. The Dean of student welfare who was crying so heavily yesterday didn't for a second realise that the same incident could have happened with anyone owing to the regressive steps of the administration that stranded their own students at the mercy of their fate. The person who threatened to ruin the career of students was awarded the post of ▮▮▮. The ▮▮▮ wardens had the audacity to question the choices of girls at the hostel by making shameless comments during our time. Not to forget the comment about hallucinating when a girl saw a naked man in the balcony of the girls hostel. The administration has always tried to suppress the matters that were concerned in favour of students starting from events and other cultural activities that eases pressure in that remote place thereby improving the mental health of students.

I would not hesitate in saying that a substantial role of attribution in destroying the mental health of students by denigrating them at all levels. Problems of students were not heard at all. Policy of arbitrary in-timings. The voices of students were muzzled at every point by threatening them. The ▮▮▮ of ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮- ▮▮▮ in our final semester brazenly boasted his authority of how influentially sound he is in the university, that he can destroy the career of students from our batch and mocking a student in front of the entire class for not depositing fees (even when the same was done).

The Vice Chancellor didn't feel the need to bid our batch a healthy farewell or capture a group photograph but in turn our batch was fortunate enough to be rewarded with another insensitive email on our final day at university. The arbitrary fines levied, proctor notices and depriving toppers of their medals are some incidents that you should introspect. Let me take this opportunity by saying that it was not us the students but the present HNLU administration that has "desecrated" the place for which "shame" is a much more positive word. The present incident could have also happened in our batch given the heights of insensitivity, intolerance and bias of administration by stooping to such low levels.

I am writing this with very pain and anguish given the recent loss of a person whom I know personally. With this communication my intent is to not play the blame game on you but I wanted to remind you that as a reputed academician and administrators of an institution the accountability and responsibility on you ought to be fixed. Please note that there is an absence of a conducive environment among stakeholders.

I have no hesitation in recognising the substantial work done by the Vice Chancellor for the betterment of the university but frankly saying that an institution that does not work for creating a better environment for students (the most significant stakeholder) other than academics is a failed institute and wont reap any results in future.

As an alumni I request the administration with folded hands to not denigrate students any further. This incident is a black hole in the history of the university. Please act responsibly as you should, and for god's sake don't suppress this matter as you have done earlier.

Please act responsibly. May the Departed Soul Rest in peace!

PS: The dictatorial nature of administration has forced me to mark my grievance from a parody account.

Regards-

Concerned alum from Batch 18
Why are you not writing to the Admin directly, or an open letter on media/social media, instead of posting it here? Do you honestly believe that the admin checks LI posts regularly?
The same has been emailed to the admin by batch 2023 because the present batches lack spine. The sba was also marked in that email. Ask them
It's really unfortunate that people (more specifically from a certain batch) have been really trying to use this unfortunate event to malign the administration for their ulterior motives.

These things can be discussed at a later stage. Not at this time when everyone is grieving on the loss of a friend or a batchmate.

Literally disappointed at the act of these people.
Read the entire message before commenting. Don't be a criticising uncle all the time dear batch 24
Anything can be discussed at any stage. The tragedy need not be conflated with the grievance, that's all. As for the admin, unless any of the accusation leveled against them stems from falsehood, one wonders how they are being 'maligned'.
To the current students at HNLU,

Don’t want to identify my batch, but you know what we did back in the day, how we went about it and uska anjaam kya tha. It'll be callous of me to pass judgment here on what you guys should do but yaha ek dusre pe keechad uthane ka koi fayda nahi hai. We lost one of our own, please be there for each other and come together as a student community (however you think appropriate) instead of publicly fighting like this.

To her friends, loved ones and anyone who needs to see this,

I know you must be grieving. She was a brilliant brilliant girl. Wont pretend to know what was going on in her mind, but I know what those five years are like. You are never alone, please reach out to someone if you are feeling lonely. I promise you that life after is easy and breezy.

To R,

Request you to either lock this thread or put in a trigger warning. Thank you.
Sadly, during the five years at HNLU, everyone stands alone against the Admin and dictatorial professors like ▮▮▮.
HNLU should be de-licensed. This needs to be put in the knowledge of the CJI. I need concrete evidences of the numerous incidents people here are raising about; I may be able to help.
Ooh and what about numerous suicide cases that taking place in various IiT and medical colleges and the tardy administration they have? Then what should we do, Can we close all those institutions and become education-less? From your statement, I can definitely say that "tumne toh Kabhi education ni li hogi" Otherwise u never say this bogus statement.
Now, if we take it as a rule, almost all premier institutions would be closed. How ridiculous is this suggestion??
https://www.barandbench.com/news/final-year-hnlu-student-found-dead-in-washroom-administration-silent-on-incident

This link has stated "It also came to light that owing to certain developments on campus, the deceased was intimated about being debarred from appearing for an exam."

The case is still under investigation though and can't say if this was the reason behind suicide with surety but please if anyone else has been intimated about a similar thing or is being harassed by the admin please speak out. Your life matters.
If an institution is to be considered insensitive every time it debars a student because of lack of attendance, then you might as well close down all the universities and get a distant education degree from home.
Don't try to portray an adverse image of students if you don't know what is happening at that place. It's very easy to comment on LI from any remote place.
Are you claiming that students are being debarred despite having attended the classes? That's not true and nothing else matters. If you don't attend the requisite number of classes, then you don't sit for that exam. That's a simple enough rule to follow.
Someone please initiate an independent enquiry into this. Do not leave this to the highly insensitive and ▮▮▮ HNLU admin. They’ve already started suppressing this by declaring a 10-day or so mourning and sending back every student away from the campus. The current lot of students there need to take a strong stance. I request that you do not bow down this time. Things cannot continue like this. The Vice-Chancellor and ▮▮▮ need to be kicked out. ▮▮▮
The college has gone to dogs. If the students don't raise their voices against the admin even now. Then mark my words, the admin's tyranny, atrocity and, sheer apathy towards students will know no bounds. It's the real stakeholders (student's) time to take over and get back the status quo post of the protest era.
"It also came to light that owing to certain developments on campus, the deceased was intimated about being debarred from appearing for the placement exam" says bar and bench https://www.barandbench.com/amp/story/news/final-year-hnlu-student-found-dead-in-washroom-administration-silent-on-incident
Administration is trying to hide but due to proctorial action on the girl, she was definitely under some stress and around that time only she had started behaving little different . I personally believe instead of taking proctorial actions and calling parents of students and complaining to them. University should counsel such students. Nobody is committing a crime by drinking or taking legal drugs, they just get drifted in their path and need guidance and emotional support. What kind of society are we building if the University believes in punishing the young souls who are still learning to be independent in life, are away from home and have started facing the real world. Empathy, Understanding, Compassion and Helping nature is something which is lacking in the campus at HNLU. May the soul of this young girl rest in peace.
Hi, mods can we please close the discussion on this thread now? Some people are blatantly disrespecting a departed soul's memory by discussing politics here which wasn't the purpose of this thread at all.
I can't see her LinkedIn profile. was she not social? can't see her existence on the internet at all.
I want to deep dive into her reason for taking this horrific steps.
I am a journalist, Can someone who knew her or knows any issue that might be related to this act?
you can anonymously email the details.
A 26-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 93-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 90-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 59-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 50-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 61-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 53-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 46-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.