Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I have been working at a IP litigation boutique firm for a year, which runs on 2-5 major clients.

I earn 30k a month as A0 and here there is yearly increment of Rs. 10k in monthly salary. + travel expense, If I travel from Court to Office or Office to Court.

Usual office time is 10:30 - 7:30 extendable to 8:30 max

If its court then it is 10:00 onwards. (I go to court 1-3 days a week, else, its work from office)

Practice area: IPR litigation primarily Trademark, copyright litigation. Major cases are in Delhi High Court. I do zero prosecution work. My work involve preparing plaint, WS, appeal, application, replication, rejoinder, appearing before courts and take note, plead relief sought in application and appearing before Ld. JR.

- I need to know if I will have decent growth in this practice area. (Future growth in leading dispute practice law firms paying good salary - not thinking of independent litigation)

- If I get more PQE, will firm practicing in commercial dispute hire me? Especially T-1 or T-2. I aspire to earn in similar quotient as that of my T-1 and T-2 colleagues.

- I was concerned because, my practice area is limited to IPR litigation. Also, my firm has very less patent litigation work. Its TM litigation >> Design Litigation >> copyright litigation

- My boss is very supportive and has been v patient with me. I am very grateful to him.

- If someone with decent/vgood experience in Dispute working in T-1 or T-2 could advice, I will be very grateful.

- I am 2022 pass out and wish to know if I am going on a right track. I want to be in dispute practice but I am not getting chance in T-1 or T-2; Presently I am working at a boutique firm which is in IP dispute. Should I be worried (since, its practice area is limited)?

- Are there firms in dispute practice which could be a good firm to start with (having demonstrated history) and later I switch to T-1/T-2 firms? I did not get response from firms like Argus, Bharucha, Panag & Babu, etc. I don't understand what is it that I am missing (I am Non-NLU). I got good publication at unpaid and well respected portals, wrote a law book, did national and international moots, independently obtained injunctions, etc., still got no luck with T-1/T-2 firms. Pls advise if there is something I am doing wrong? All I want is decent earning. Could trade work-life if compensated accordingly.

Thanks!

Email (in case someone wants to connect): editor.researching[at]gmail.com
I started at 20K 15 years ago and earn 90 L now. You can adjust for inflation and do the math.
This is purely because you were the genius (no sarcasm) who got the early mover aadvantage. Every foreign firm needed an Indian firm for national phase entry.

Your perseverance and business development skills must be commendable though.
Started in 2008 at 15K in a small IP boutique. Earning 1 cr as a partner now in the same boutique, which has grown. My peers in corp law earn much more than me, but I feel I have more options in the long term as a litigator. We all know that Pratibha Singh and Chander Lall became Senior Advocates and one is now a judge. Justice Aniruddha Bose, who was an IP counsel in Kolkata, became an SC judge. Recently, an NLSIU grad who is an IP law firm partner and around 46 years has recently been offered a Delhi HC judgeship.

In my case, I am expanding my practice areas and the dream is to become a senior one day!
@2008-IP-Lawyer :-

Hi, I am look forward to connect with other professionals , I need information about moving from my native place to a metro. Can we connect ?

Pls drop me a mail

seriouspen@mail.com