We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
I earn 30k a month as A0 and here there is yearly increment of Rs. 10k in monthly salary. + travel expense, If I travel from Court to Office or Office to Court.
Usual office time is 10:30 - 7:30 extendable to 8:30 max
If its court then it is 10:00 onwards. (I go to court 1-3 days a week, else, its work from office)
Practice area: IPR litigation primarily Trademark, copyright litigation. Major cases are in Delhi High Court. I do zero prosecution work. My work involve preparing plaint, WS, appeal, application, replication, rejoinder, appearing before courts and take note, plead relief sought in application and appearing before Ld. JR.
- I need to know if I will have decent growth in this practice area. (Future growth in leading dispute practice law firms paying good salary - not thinking of independent litigation)
- If I get more PQE, will firm practicing in commercial dispute hire me? Especially T-1 or T-2. I aspire to earn in similar quotient as that of my T-1 and T-2 colleagues.
- I was concerned because, my practice area is limited to IPR litigation. Also, my firm has very less patent litigation work. Its TM litigation >> Design Litigation >> copyright litigation
- My boss is very supportive and has been v patient with me. I am very grateful to him.
- If someone with decent/vgood experience in Dispute working in T-1 or T-2 could advice, I will be very grateful.
- I am 2022 pass out and wish to know if I am going on a right track. I want to be in dispute practice but I am not getting chance in T-1 or T-2; Presently I am working at a boutique firm which is in IP dispute. Should I be worried (since, its practice area is limited)?
- Are there firms in dispute practice which could be a good firm to start with (having demonstrated history) and later I switch to T-1/T-2 firms? I did not get response from firms like Argus, Bharucha, Panag & Babu, etc. I don't understand what is it that I am missing (I am Non-NLU). I got good publication at unpaid and well respected portals, wrote a law book, did national and international moots, independently obtained injunctions, etc., still got no luck with T-1/T-2 firms. Pls advise if there is something I am doing wrong? All I want is decent earning. Could trade work-life if compensated accordingly.
Thanks!
Email (in case someone wants to connect): editor.researching[at]gmail.com
Your perseverance and business development skills must be commendable though.
In my case, I am expanding my practice areas and the dream is to become a senior one day!
Hi, I am look forward to connect with other professionals , I need information about moving from my native place to a metro. Can we connect ?
Pls drop me a mail
seriouspen@mail.com