Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
They rarely take freshers, but you don't need to get any additional degree, just work ex.
Can I do a ba llb and join Goldman Sachs? Do they take lawyers? What is the pay?
No, I am just aware of the industry practice, unlike you. Please name the people who have been recruited from Law School campus in the last 3 if not 5 years by GS and at what package, if you wish to counter.
Please try to get it first and then flex. As of now, you're an anon troll.
A 74-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
It's concerning to know about your obsession about NUJS. I am from NLUD myself, but believe that you should get therapy.
Who told you that? Are you in GS’s HR team. Keep your half baked facts to yourself
Yeah because Nujs was already suffering from major campus problems plus placement problems and nalsar’s name is used as a sense of humour anyway. So a thread targeting NLS is very funny. I am laughing so much. HAHAHA
Lol, kid, if I sat for the CLAT tomorrow, I’d get into NLS with my eyes closed. It’s not that easy to get into even the lowest IIT through the JEE. It’s not a tech bias, it’s a fact.
There's no capacity for sticky threads at the moment - if a new post is made in an old post, it bumps to the top. Not sure how stickyness would work: would a post then stay pinned at the top forever, even over older posts?
Finally, someone who has said it as it is. NLS is hardly what it once was.
Oh, this was gold! I had not laughed like this for a long time. Thank you for sharing!

@R: Any way that thread can be made sticky?
Only they themselves think of themselves as equally good. Nobody else does. Lawyers at GS get paid a lot less than the managers and engineers.
It is inferior to even the bottom last IIT. There's no comparison.
Erm...GS does not hire from the Nagarbhavi campus. Mostly lateral hires, as you would know if you are a senior student or alum from Law School. Please keep your exuberance in check.
Average quality of no graduating class of NLS is ahead of any other place like NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD etc. any more.
Monopoly means only your grads get hired by GS of all law schools. That's clearly false, as has been proven in this thread. Please recheck your logic too while you are at it.
Nope. They are as good. It’s your own bias of championing tech. First fix that. And don’t unnecessarily hate on nlsiu like that’s noojie anove
After rechecking , it’s even a better understandable choice of my word :)
Oh ofc a remote Nujs grad from a college which barely sent one or two people where NLS sent so many. This is how you compare? And a genuine question - what’s up with Nujs comparing itself with NLS nowadays ?
There is no comparison. NLS people are insecure and think they’re as good as IITians. They’re really not.
How's it between IIT and NLSIU? The job profiles are completely different.
You already contradicted yourself. If the average batch remains ahead - then there infact is monopoly!
This isn’t some hallowed ground. You can check data and stats. Your β€˜other’ colleges don’t include much of other national law schools or grads from DU. It’s between IIT and NLS
Absolutely , now some crying tech grads will come here and rant about nlsiu
There are plenty of people from other NLUs currently working in GS. Just that they don't consider the place to be anything else other than a good employer and not some hallowed ground to brag about.
1. Because Goldman is elite and hires only from the best colleges.

2. Because NLSIU grads are the cream of talent.

3. Old boys club.